Forums > Misc

Search doesn't find it…

November 26, 2009 | 11:26 am

I wanted to reply to a post from 17th November with the exact topic:
"Dynamic editing a patch from outside max" (Before the change, thus the link in the post (in my feed in Thunderbird) doesn’t lead to the post)
The search for this exact phrase does not reveal it…
It is even almost impossible to look up this date. The times in the threads are very unspecific, or to phrase it correctly, useless…

Was it deleted? Is history history?
Google does find a link to the old site, which doesn’t help btw…

Stefan

November 26, 2009 | 11:39 am

By the way I found the thread by hand, but if the search isn’t able to find the easy stuff…

November 26, 2009 | 6:44 pm

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your help in making the forum better. We are looking into resolving old thread URLs to the matching new threads.

One thing that would help us out a lot would be if you could try and include as much specific information as possible with your problem reports. Before you send your messages, pause a second and think if there might be any other information you could add that might make it easier for us to exactly reproduce your problem. This will help you get what you want faster!

In this case, the link to the old thread and the link to the new thread would be really helpful.

Ben

November 28, 2009 | 5:43 am

Old link:

http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=rview&goto=185172&th=42115#msg_185172

new link:

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=22708

even typing "dynamic" into the search doesn’t find it…
Typing my own name doesn’t list any of my recent posts under recent…
I don’t have the feeling that the search function is tested at all…

How do I quote in the new forum?

> pause a second and think if there might be any other information you could > add that might make it easier for us to exactly reproduce your problem.

I could not imagine that I did not add enough information. Search for "Dynamic editing a patch from outside max" should be info enough to not find it…;-)
I just suspect you didn’t find it as well or you would not have asked for the links…

Stefan

November 28, 2009 | 6:59 pm

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for helping us make the search better. We’re working hard to improve the design of the site in every way. There will probably not be any quoting in the new forum.

Ben

December 2, 2009 | 4:13 am

Hi Stefan,

Just wanted to let you know that all old links should now work. If you find one that doesn’t please let us know!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)