Forums > Max For Live

SelectedDevice in an only one track??

July 25, 2010 | 4:41 pm

Hi i would like to know if its possible see the devices we have in an only one track, then if its possible how to..

Thanksssss

[attachment=137490,854]

Attachments:
  1. max4live.jpg

July 28, 2010 | 5:06 pm

Hi Alex
you asked for my granulation patch via youtube; here it is:

save this sub-patch on your HD, then save the second main patch in the same place

sub-patch, save as subPolyGran:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

save this main patch in the same place:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

`

Don’t forget to search the MaxMSP forum for posts on ‘granulation’, ‘time-stretch’ etc; there a people here who have built equally good and better granulators than mine
Brendan

Brendan

July 28, 2010 | 5:27 pm

thanxx Brendan!!

August 2, 2010 | 9:26 am

I think you should dive a bit more into the API and what the abstractions you use actually do.

Look in M4L.api.SelectDevice, there you see already that the ids of all tracks are requested in M4l.api.GetAllTrackIds , you should make your own version of M4L.api.SelectDevice where you replace the M4l.api.GetAllTrackIds with your own abstraction/subpatcher which returns the id of the track you want to list the devices from.
For example using "path this_device canonical_parent" with live.path results in the id for the track you place the device in.

August 2, 2010 | 1:39 pm

Thanxx Timo. Finally i have done something like this. I dont know why i have to put a double bang to put the name in the umenu. but well it works. (^_^)

[attachment=137969,901]

Attachments:
  1. max4live_selected_track.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)