semi-[0T] Linux?

Jan 23, 2007 at 4:29am

semi-[0T] Linux?

I know it’s not likely I’ll get an “official” answer on this so I’ll query the peanut gallery. What is the likelihood of/issues surrounding Max being ported to Linux? How nontrivial/trivial of a task would it be? Why wouldn’t this happen or why hasn’t it happened yet?

Jan 23, 2007 at 5:43am

i dont know but there are already PureData and Jmax on Linux as you probably know.
i dont know if porting Max on linux will be that interesting since linux users will have to pay for it, i am not sure if cycling will make good business there ;)

what i would find more interesting is more transparency between patches made with the different max family members.
lots of objects and patches work on PD and max ( never used jmax so i dont know about it ) but definetly not everything…

Quote: 196617 wrote on Mon, 22 January 2007 20:29
—————————————————-
> I know it’s not likely I’ll get an “official” answer on this so I’ll query the peanut gallery. What is the likelihood of/issues surrounding Max being ported to Linux? How nontrivial/trivial of a task would it be? Why wouldn’t this happen or why hasn’t it happened yet?
—————————————————-

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.