Forums > MaxMSP

send bluetooth key commands to ipad

May 25, 2013 | 7:04 am

hi – basically want to emulate a bluetooth keyboard and send ascii to an ipad from Max. I know i need to use serial to do it but am a bit stuck. Any ideas?

thanks!

May 27, 2013 | 3:27 pm

friendly bump – thanks!

May 28, 2013 | 9:33 am

seems to me you’re going to have to go pretty deep into the bluetooth protocol.. your computer will say it’s a computer when it connects on bluetooth – not a keyboard. You’ll have to make it pretend it’s a keyboard, I have no idea how you’d do that: and I’d imagine it’s a bit outside the realm of Max/MSP – although nothing seems to be out of the realm of Max MSP really, at least not on this forum.

I do know that bluetooth devices communicate a list of ‘services’ they offer: you may be able to find a way of having your computer add the keyboard ‘service’ so your Ipad allows it to connect as a keyboard.

I imagine that those people that actually develop bluetooth keyboards need to do that to test their stuff: you may be able to find something if you look at bluetooth developer forums.

That’s just me thinking along, I actually have no experience in this area…

May 28, 2013 | 8:18 pm

thanks – probably deeper than i can dive right now! ;)

i took the easy way out and am using this in conjunction with osculator – works well!

http://houdah.com/type2Phone/

cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)