Forums > MaxMSP

Sending a slider a 'set' message

September 15, 2007 | 12:25 am

Hello, I have a bit of a strange question

I have an envelope which I would like to change the length of, I’m trying to develop a nice interface so I have a slider for changing the length in ms of the envelope. I want to allow the user to set the length of the slider. In the help file it details that the slider needs to be sent a ‘set’ message.

As far as I know, to update the range of the slider, I have one number box for the length, this goes in to a prepend object which then goes to the slider to change the range. The problem I have is that [prepend set] is already in use as a way of displaying text etc.

I’ve tried prepend ‘set’, prepend "set" etc. but can’t seem to figure it out.

Yes, I’ve looked at the tutorials and the refference manual, but nothing is jumping out at me!

Thanks

Mike

September 15, 2007 | 12:42 am

Your question is worded a bit strangely… kind of confusing to determine what your problem actually is. An example patch might help.

FYI – changing the range of a slider can be accomplished using the size message (as in "size 50").

Hope that helps
Dan

Quote: Mike S wrote on Fri, 14 September 2007 18:25
—————————————————-
> Hello, I have a bit of a strange question
>
> I have an envelope which I would like to change the length of, I’m trying to develop a nice interface so I have a slider for changing the length in ms of the envelope. I want to allow the user to set the length of the slider. In the help file it details that the slider needs to be sent a ‘set’ message.
>
> As far as I know, to update the range of the slider, I have one number box for the length, this goes in to a prepend object which then goes to the slider to change the range. The problem I have is that [prepend set] is already in use as a way of displaying text etc.
>
> I’ve tried prepend ‘set’, prepend "set" etc. but can’t seem to figure it out.
>
> Yes, I’ve looked at the tutorials and the refference manual, but nothing is jumping out at me!
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike
—————————————————-

September 15, 2007 | 12:44 am

aha size! yep, read the help file wrong :/
problem solved :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)