Sending MIDI notes from a chord

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:52pm

Sending MIDI notes from a chord

How could I send the notes of a MIDI chord (for example, if I play CM with my keyboard) to differentes outlets?

THanks in advance and best regards.

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:53pm

have a look at [poly] which will give you a voice-number for each new note-on. from there you could use spray or route to pass your notes arround.
if you are just interested in “control” messages, use stripnote to get rid of note-off and then use select to get bangs for any note you like. from there you can do whatever you want to…

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:55pm

The Borax object is intended to help this sort of problem.

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:36pm

Thanks, I didn´t know [poly] and it works perfectly for what I want.

Chris, I don´t know how I could use [borax] for this…

Thanks and best regards.

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:54pm

[% 12] is also useful with notes, it will “distill” all MIDI pitch values down to a standard 12-note scale, numbered 0-11, with C at 0. This lets you deal with various keys easily—what’s usually most important about a chord or scale is the arrangement and size of the intervals between notes, not whether it’s “in C” or F-sharp or whatever.

and if you get into making scales, [zl rot] can do some interesting things to your pitch lists…

Mar 10, 2010 at 7:04am

What is wrong in this patch?:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

If I mute all the subpatchs, the groove~ continues playing, and sometimes, when I mute one subpatch, there is a beep. I don´t know what is wrong, I´m going insane from a days ago with this.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:49am

You probably want to use the [pass~] object inside the subpatches as shown in the [mute~] helpfile. I’m not sure why you need to mute them individually when you can just open or close the particular channel on your [matrix~] and it will have the same effect.

lh

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:24am

I didn´t see that about the pass~ :-( Thank you very much.

On the other, I just was doing some proofs (I am a newbie) to understand the functions of some objects.

Thanks again and regards.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.