sending to a receive~

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:24am

sending to a receive~

Hi,

I was wondering how I could have my self written external send audio signals directly to a receive~ object. Unfortunately I cannot find any examples detailing how you reach a receive~ object within processing the signal vector. Could anyone be so kind to give me a hint or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:37pm

Hi,

It seems nobody know ;-)

You can use workarounds :

1. automatically create a [send~] object in the patcher and connect it to yours.
2. create your own private walkie-talkie channel.

I am not experimented with DSP so i am not really aware of pro and cons for each approach ; but you should try to “bump” your question if you want other opinions.

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:20pm

hey thanks. unfortunately, creating my own walkie-talkie channel is beyond my knowledge.

I was hoping there were some examples around :( in general, I find the tutorials for programming MSP externals too scarse and too many questions using C in MaxMSP with realtime restrictions remain open… or I am to impatient to thoroughly read through the documentation :)

Mar 23, 2013 at 2:53pm

Hi,

Implementing for real time audio process is not the same that in the command time world ; the DSP chain and callback approach require special cares. The Ross Bencina blog pages
( http://www.rossbencina.com/code/real-time-audio-programming-101-time-waits-for-nothing ) is a good introduction (it remains my favorite).

It seems there is less examples open-sourced for Max with DSP ; at least i found less ; if anybody know good links for that do not hesitate ;-) Maybe the Eric Lyon’s book is a good lecture as apparently it’s focused on that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.