Forums > Javascript

Sending Value to Recieve or JSUI inlet

February 19, 2009 | 12:30 am

Hi,
Does anyone know how to send values (i assume via the ‘this.patcher.message’ method) to either a recieve object or to an inlet of a JSUI object (this would be the prefered method)?

Cheers!

February 19, 2009 | 1:10 am

Quote: Visibleman wrote on Thu, 19 February 2009 01:30
—————————————————-
> Hi,
> Does anyone know how to send values (i assume via the ‘this.patcher.message’ method) to either a recieve object or to an inlet of a JSUI object (this would be the prefered method)?

To send a message to a receive object have a look to messnamed() in the javascript documentation (Universally Available Methods).

I’m not really certain what do you mean by sending to an inlet of a JSUI. If the jsui is named you can get its name with the this.patcher.getnamed() method and then then a message with this.patcher.message(), but you might also want to use a normal outlet() call.

ej

February 24, 2009 | 1:37 am

I wanted to send an X/Y coordinate to an inlet of a JSUI object, but i’ve managed to get around it by adding two fuctions (an X and a Y func that sets variables) to the JSUI and sending data directly to that function using ‘this.patcher.message’.

Cheers for the help though Smile

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)