Forums > Jitter

sending video to a repurposed LCD cell phone screen

December 20, 2006 | 9:41 pm

Forgive me if you’ve heard this one. I am new here and looking for info on how to get video onto a cell phone screen. It doesn’t have to be a specific brand, I am looking for the best solution. Also, if anyone has manufacturer info on these type of screens (tiny, relatively cheap, and video capable) please point me at it.

I am essentially doing a feasibility study on an art project using multiple screens displaying same image at differing brightness levels.

TIA for the help!

December 23, 2006 | 11:52 pm

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/lcddisplay.html

December 24, 2006 | 12:58 am

Thank you for the response. These are the type of screen I am talking about. Has anyone ordered or used these? I am assuming these don’t come with the protocol documentation I would need to use them. Does anybody have any protocol or a manufacturer website that may have documentation?

Merry Christmas

Jessie W

December 24, 2006 | 12:59 am

Thank you for the response. These are the type of screen I am talking about. Has anyone ordered or used these? I am assuming these don’t come with the protocol documentation I would need to use them. Does anybody have any protocol or a manufacturer website that may have documentation?

Merry Christmas

Jessie W

December 24, 2006 | 3:58 am

Ironically, I was just designing an installation out of LCD screens, Ive done several with comercial LCD monitors, but I wanted to move on to using tons of small LCD screens, as your mentioning. I too am curious how to wire these to an rca, svideo or some kind of large matrix control and power. If anyone knows of where to find that info, I would love to know, I have low level electronics experience, but Im sure I could figure it out if the documentation is explicit enough.

Also, here is another distributor I was looking at.

http://www.windsordistributors.com/onlinestore/index.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1&mid=2&directoryid=19&ctrl=productlist

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)