I’m not certain if I’ve identified a bug or if I’m simply attempting to use a global object as a local one and doing it wrong. I’m attempting to use Send and Receive objects to send velocity data locally within an instrument, which works fine until I use multiple instances of the instrument. I’ve confirmed that everything works as expected when using patch cords instead, but the presentation is very messy, and I’m trying to keep things neat. As you can see within the example, throwing a #0 on the front of the name for the velocity values does nothing because we’re not inside a subpatcher or abstraction.
Is there a way to work around this still using Send and Receive or will I need to be content to use patch cables and wait until a future edition of Max that supports local objects?
somethin like this?
wooaaaa, now you tell me!? :P
haha, sorry. (did you ask about this somewhere before? i’m quite erratic/eccentric in my participation here :p i can’t keep up with anything)
i…. uh… wasn’t even sure of the answer myself, i just remember this convention from the pluggo days, so thought i’d make my nostalgia turn out to be helpful :D
Needless to say, thanks for answering a noob question; the — worked as expected.
"thanks for answering a noob question"
no prob. programming in a visual environ is bound to be an eccentric artform rather than a standardized skill.
in my view, there’s no such thing as a noob or an expert to something as eccentric and designed-entirely-by-the-subjectivity-of-a-select-few as max is.
just have fun and you’re expert enough ;D
C74 RSS Feed | © Copyright Cycling '74