Forums > Max For Live

"set current_input_sub_routing" problem

April 23, 2010 | 3:31 pm

I’ve built a patch that populates a umenu object with the available sub routings and from which I can change that property on 8 tracks at a time. Choosing "1/2" from the umenu works (the center output is sent to a message reading "set current_input_sub_routing $1", then to a live.object, and it changes the property in Live), but when I choose either "1" or "2" i get an error in the max window reading "invalid syntax". So "1/2" works, and "1" and "2" do not. WTF?

I’ve tried converting the message to a symbol (via tosymbol) but that does not change the behaviour at all. I’ve also tried some random formats of the "1" and "2" such as "1/" or "1." but none of that works.

Help?

April 23, 2010 | 5:29 pm

an example patch always makes it easier for others to help

-A

June 11, 2011 | 11:16 pm

Hi AMRAyw.
I have the same problem with my saffire pro 24 soundcard.
Live recognize 1/2 , 3/4 , 5/6 , but not 1 2 3 4 5 6!

Have you solved your problem?

the only thing i’ve noticed is that if you write just 1 you get a "syntax error" if you try tu put something like 1/1 or 1/0 (trying to reproduce the same syntax of 1/2) you get
" The given IO target must be one of the available ones!"

weird uh?

June 12, 2011 | 11:10 am

Post your patch and we may be able to help…

June 12, 2011 | 12:10 pm

maybe check your output channel config in Live’s preferences to make sure your mono channels are enabled?

works fine here setting stereo or mono channels with live.object.

June 12, 2011 | 12:48 pm

ok , I don't know how to attach a clipboard file so , this is an image of the patch.

my input/output routings live preferences are correct (i suppose).

[attachment=164203,2346]

Attachments:
  1. routing.png

June 12, 2011 | 5:23 pm

Your patch looks correct to me.
Note however that the object initialization happens only when you save and close the patch.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)