Forums > Jitter

setting the video compression in max patch

April 11, 2009 | 8:50 pm

Hi,

I haven’t found the way for setting the video compression and its quality (DV Pal/High for example) without opening the setting’s dialog box. It would be kind if anyone had a solution.

Have a nice day.

Benoit SIMON.

April 13, 2009 | 8:49 pm

Anyone?

Eav
April 13, 2009 | 9:45 pm

Hi Benoit,

I suppose you’re talking about the jit.vcr object? If so, isn’t it simply something like this?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

If not, please be a bit more clear about what exactly you want.

best,

yves

April 14, 2009 | 7:19 am

I’m sorry.
Indeed, I hadn’t precised that it was for the jit.qt.grab’s codec and quality settings…

Thank you.

Benoit SIMON.

Eav
April 14, 2009 | 1:51 pm

Hi Benoit,

I don’t have any experience with this object, but reading tutorial 21 of jitter in Max 5, especially example 3, i think you can do this just by using message boxes and arguments…

Not much help, i’m afraid…

best

yves

April 14, 2009 | 5:14 pm

Thank you for your reply but that’s not the solution to choose the codec of the grabber.

Regards.

Benoit.

April 14, 2009 | 8:05 pm

it’s all in the qt.grab help patch. "vmode" must be set to 2, and quality is set with the "codecquality" attribute.

is this not working?

April 14, 2009 | 8:43 pm

The vmode and the codecquality is working fine but what I’m trying to do, is to set with max message the codec type and its quality which are only accessible when you send the "setting" message to the jit.qt.grab object (Compression tab). The default selection is the last item of the list and the quality is set to 50%.

Thank you for your interest.

Benoit.

April 15, 2009 | 4:15 pm

the quality of the codec is set with the codecquality attribute and you can do a few types with the vmode, but other then that you have to use settings

April 15, 2009 | 4:33 pm

That’s what I was presupposing… It seems to be Quicktime dependant.

Have you any idea if I can change a Quicktime file in the System that will set a define grab codec by default?

Thank you a again Axiom-Crux. By the way, congratulations for your nice H-S Optical Flow effects…

Benoit SIMON.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)