Forums > Jitter

shader error

March 19, 2008 | 1:55 pm

In most of the shader programs I’m getting this message: jit.gl.shader: error submitting NV params: GL Error: invalid enumeration
Would somebody explain a reason? does it mean, that graphic card is too old? (I have NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200) or I can try to fix it another way?
have not find references in forum…


March 19, 2008 | 2:40 pm

What OS, Jitter version are you on?
wes

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Mistysea wrote:
>
> In most of the shader programs I’m getting this message: jit.gl.shader: error submitting NV params: GL Error: invalid enumeration
> Would somebody explain a reason? does it mean, that graphic card is too old? (I have NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200) or I can try to fix it another way?
> have not find references in forum…
>
> –
> soma!=sema
>


March 19, 2008 | 4:34 pm

jitter 1.6.3


March 19, 2008 | 4:45 pm

Operating system please? I looked up the error BTW. It has to do
with submitting shader params via Nvidia assembly shaders. I didn’t
check to see how Jitter goes into that mode, but if you could provide
more info like what shaders are doing this, what shaders aren’t (if
any) etc. that would help. Otherwise, there’s very little anyone can
do to help you out.
wes

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Mistysea wrote:
>
> jitter 1.6.3
>
>
> –
> soma!=sema
>


March 19, 2008 | 5:09 pm

On Mar 19, 2008, at 6:55 AM, Mistysea wrote:
>
> In most of the shader programs I’m getting this message:
> jit.gl.shader: error submitting NV params: GL Error: invalid
> enumeration
> Would somebody explain a reason? does it mean, that graphic card is
> too old? (I have NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200) or I can try to fix it
> another way?

The GeForce FX Go5200 is at the bottom end of the cards which support
(some) Jitter shaders. Many of the Jitter shaders will not run on
this card, and even if they do, the GPU is often slower than the CPU
for these calculations.

If you are running Mac OS version 10.4.3 or earlier, Jitter will use
Cg to compile an assembly program to run on your hardware. This also
may have issues with your card. If on PC, you may want to update your
OpenGL drivers.

In general, however, I would suggest you update your machine if you
want fast and robust shader support using Jitter.

-Joshua


March 20, 2008 | 4:43 pm

Hello Wes
OS windows XP pro
So far I checked color and composite programs
In fact I think that my videocard is really too old, so have to upgrade the machine.
Thanks
Alex

*jit.gl.shader: error submitting NV params: GL Error: invalid enumeration
cc.brcosa.jxs
cc.colormap.jxs
cc.contrast.ip.jxs
cc.planemap.jxs
cc.uyvy2rgba.exp.jxs
cc.uyvy2rgba.jxs
co.additive.jxs
co.average.jxs
co.brightlight.jxs
co.burn.jxs
co.darken.jxs
co.difference.jxs
co.dodge.jxs
co.exclude.jxs
co.freeze.jxs
co.glow.jxs
co.hardlight.jxs
co.heat.jxs
co.inverse.jxs
co.lighten.jxs
co.lumakey.jxs
co.multiply.jxs
co.negate.jxs
co.normal.jxs
co.overlay.jxs
co.reflect.jxs
co.screen.jxs
co.softlight.jxs
co.stamp.jxs
co.subtractive.jxs
cf.emboss.jxs

cc.alphaglue.jxs
*error: jit.gl.shader: jit.gl.shader: error creating CG program : CG ERROR : The compile returned an error.
*error: — START CG INFO LOG –
(25) : error C5043: profile requires index expression to be compile-time constant
*error: –END CG INFO LOG

cc.brightness.ip.jxs
does not work. no max window message

cc.exrdisplay.jxs
*error: jit.gl.shader: jit.gl.shader: error creating CG program : CG ERROR : The compile returned an error.
*error: — START CG INFO LOG –
(128) : error C1035: assignment of incompatible types
*error: –END CG INFO LOG

cc.grgb2rgba.jxs – renders, but params change has no effect
cc.rgba2grgb.jxs – renders, but params change has no effect
cc.rgba2uyvy.jxs – renders, but params change has no effect
cc.saturate.ip.jxs – renders, but params change has no effect
cc.uyvy2rgba.lite.jxs – renders, but params change has no effect

cc.scalebias.jxs – WORKS

co.alphablend.jxs – does not work.

cf.blur.jxs – WORKS

*error: jit.gl.shader: invalid parameter type for NV program
cf.convolve.jxs
cf.radialblur.jxs
cf.sharpen.ip.jxs

cf.edgedetect.jxs – does not work.

cf.erode.jxs – WORKS
cf.gaussian.2p.jxs – WORKS

cf.laplace.jxs – *jit.gl.shader: error submitting NV params: GL Error: invalid value

cf.median.2p.jxs – WORKS

cf.radialblur.jxs

cf.sobel.jxs – does not work.


March 20, 2008 | 4:46 pm

Thanks Joshua
I agree that the card is old. Any advise about Open GL drivers? I’ve got the latest display driver from TOSHIBA site, but did not find anything specific fot Open GL.
Alex


March 20, 2008 | 5:35 pm

Hi,
Yeah, it looks like from the other error messages that your hardware
just isn’t up to the task for some of the operations the shaders
require. Like Joshua said, I think upgrading the card is your best
bet.
wes


March 21, 2008 | 9:59 am

Hi Alex,

The 12" G4 Pwbks have the same card and most of these shaders work
well with OSX, so it may be a driver issue under windows. I dunno
where you get the drivers tho to get the same performance with XP.

cheers

(())_n

On Mar 20, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Alex wrote:
>
> Hello Wes
> OS windows XP pro
> So far I checked color and composite programs
> In fact I think that my videocard is really too old, so have to
> upgrade the machine.
> Thanks
> Alex
>
>
> *jit.gl.shader: error submitting NV params: GL Error: invalid
> enumeration
> cc.brcosa.jxs
> cc.colormap.jxs
> cc.contrast.ip.jxs
> cc.planemap.jxs
> cc.uyvy2rgba.exp.jxs
> cc.uyvy2rgba.jxs
> co.additive.jxs
> co.average.jxs
> co.brightlight.jxs
> co.burn.jxs
> co.darken.jxs
> co.difference.jxs
> co.dodge.jxs
> co.exclude.jxs
> co.freeze.jxs
> co.glow.jxs
> co.hardlight.jxs
> co.heat.jxs
> co.inverse.jxs
> co.lighten.jxs
> co.lumakey.jxs
> co.multiply.jxs
> co.negate.jxs
> co.normal.jxs
> co.overlay.jxs
> co.reflect.jxs
> co.screen.jxs
> co.softlight.jxs
> co.stamp.jxs
> co.subtractive.jxs
> cf.emboss.jxs
>
> cc.alphaglue.jxs
> *error: jit.gl.shader: jit.gl.shader: error creating CG program : CG
> ERROR : The compile returned an error.
> *error: — START CG INFO LOG –
> (25) : error C5043: profile requires index expression to be compile-
> time constant
> *error: –END CG INFO LOG
>
> cc.brightness.ip.jxs
> does not work. no max window message
>
> cc.exrdisplay.jxs
> *error: jit.gl.shader: jit.gl.shader: error creating CG program : CG
> ERROR : The compile returned an error.
> *error: — START CG INFO LOG –
> (128) : error C1035: assignment of incompatible types
> *error: –END CG INFO LOG
>
> cc.grgb2rgba.jxs – renders, but params change has no effect
> cc.rgba2grgb.jxs – renders, but params change has no effect
> cc.rgba2uyvy.jxs – renders, but params change has no effect
> cc.saturate.ip.jxs – renders, but params change has no effect
> cc.uyvy2rgba.lite.jxs – renders, but params change has no effect
>
> cc.scalebias.jxs – WORKS
>
> co.alphablend.jxs – does not work.
>
> cf.blur.jxs – WORKS
>
> *error: jit.gl.shader: invalid parameter type for NV program
> cf.convolve.jxs
> cf.radialblur.jxs
> cf.sharpen.ip.jxs
>
> cf.edgedetect.jxs – does not work.
>
> cf.erode.jxs – WORKS
> cf.gaussian.2p.jxs – WORKS
>
> cf.laplace.jxs – *jit.gl.shader: error submitting NV params: GL
> Error: invalid value
>
> cf.median.2p.jxs – WORKS
>
> cf.radialblur.jxs
>
> cf.sobel.jxs – does not work.
> –
> soma!=sema


March 21, 2008 | 5:11 pm

On Mar 20, 2008, at 9:46 AM, Alex wrote:
>
> Thanks Joshua
> I agree that the card is old. Any advise about Open GL drivers?
> I’ve got the latest display driver from TOSHIBA site, but did not
> find anything specific fot Open GL.

Many windows laptop manufacturers do not provide updated graphics
card drivers which is disappointing. And due to contractual
agreements with the graphics card developers, unfortunately, the
graphics card developers often do not allow installing the drivers on
these laptop systems. So there is a whole world of "modded" drivers
which bend the rules of these agreements, as well as try to make
other improvements to the official drivers. Use of them might cause
you problems, so I can’t guarantee that they will work or not screw
up your system, or put you in some strange position w/r/t your
manufacturer’s warranty, etc., but lots of people use them in
situations like yours. Ones which I’ve used in the past and have
gotten good reviews by other users are the Omega Drivers, but it’s a
"swim at your own risk" scenario.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

-Joshua


Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)