Forums > MaxMSP

[share] Drum Synthesis for you Mr. Forum

July 2, 2012 | 12:23 am

So here are the drum synthesis patches I have been working on for the last few months on and off. Some are constructed from SoundonSound Synth Secrets articles and others are just experiments. The gen~ code is not mine and some of these use Peter McCullough’s awesome Moog filter. They are a mixture therefore of my own work, bits culled from the forums and synth articles. I thought I would give them to the forums as reading these forums has taught me a lot and I wanted to give something back. Also when searching the forums I found a few synth drums scattered about but maybe not as many as I thought there would be. Any comments and feedback welcome as would be anyone else’s synth drum patches. ENJOI !

p.s. I am sure they could be more efficient.

lcg.kick

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

lcg.hihat

lcg.handclap

lcg.cymbal

July 2, 2012 | 12:33 am

infuriating I can’t edit my post to add the patches in compressed format. I get a message that says ‘this post seems to contain a broken MAXpatch please contact web admin if this was not intentional. I also don’t seem to be able to add them into a reply to this post.

lcg.womp:

lcg.tom

lcg.snare

lcg.noise

July 2, 2012 | 12:40 am

ok so maybe it was because I tried to post all of the patches in one post?

lcg.cowbell

lcg.clave

July 2, 2012 | 6:09 pm

just thought would bump this as the spam may have dropped it off the radar. ta’ra la.

July 2, 2012 | 7:12 pm

Looking forward to looking through them. I have it favorited already :)

July 3, 2012 | 7:16 am

interested to try these – could you zip all the patches? i think there are some abstractions missing

July 3, 2012 | 10:30 am

Hey Oli,

The only thing in these patches I think that is an abstraction is the PM.Ladder which is Peter McCullough’s Moog ladder Gen~ port. It’s available on this site but I’ve put it in the zip file for ease of use. The patches themselves are just ripped out of my basic drum machine I was using to test to them. In other words they need modification probably for other people’s use but if you just want to try em add a EZDAC~ and gain~ before the outlet and hit the button after the inlet. Although I’m sure that’s all pretty obvious :P

Attachments:
  1. lcg.synthdrums.zip

July 3, 2012 | 12:23 pm

There is also a PM.PWM abstraction missing from the cowbell patch.
If you don’t mind third party dependencies, then CNMAT’s resonators~ object is a good source of bonging noises, especially if you tack a ring modulator on the end,
Cheers
Roger

July 3, 2012 | 1:14 pm

oops……PM.PWM here

Attachments:
  1. PM.PWM.zip

April 9, 2013 | 12:04 am

Im having a lot of errors, Im in max 5, this is for max 6?

April 9, 2013 | 2:42 am

Yes there are a lot of [filterdesign] objects and some gen~ parts so you need MAX6 unfortunately. You also need the PM.PWM and PM.Ladder abstractions by peter mccullough, which are above and elsewhere on this site. These contain gen~ parts. Most of the max6 stuff could be replaced by max 5 objects if you felt inclined though, filters, oscillators, distortion.

April 9, 2013 | 7:50 am

well I’m happy for the bump. Checking these out today :)

April 9, 2013 | 8:01 am

Thanks for bumping this – i’m quite intrigued by the topic since the Ableton DrumSynth creation…

April 9, 2013 | 8:20 am

which is lovely, by the way…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)