SHARE: Operator Advanced Envelope
For me my favourite synth are Operator and NI FM8. And I always found it hard to decide which one to use, as Operator is very easy to use and properly integrated into ableton. But FM8 has some features, especially according complex envelopes, that I missed in the Operator.
So I made a tool, that extends the abilities of the operator envelopes and enables you to have rhythmic and long evolving envelopes.
And now I’d like to share it with you:
You can download it here: Operator Advanced Envelope
And you will need to have the ejies library installed.
You can download it from here: ejies
Many thanks to Emmanuel Jordan and Martin Robinson!
- automatic search for operator device, remember and restore original envelope
- maintain the level control of each oscillator
- unlimited points and curved lines
- time measures in ms or Beat.Bars.Units for synced rhythms
- easy zooming and preset function
I’ve made a little demo video to show how easy it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ir0cIBNuvA
Feel free to visit the website of my project: http://www.ringensemble.de
I realized that you don’t have to install the ejies library by freezing the device. I updated the download.
It’s worth to install that library though!
i will try this :)
im afraid it doesnt work for me – i click on an A for instance and nothing happens to the selected A envelope on the operator. am i doing something wrong?
Hard to say from here :)
It should set Attack, Decay, Init and Peak of that oscillator to minimal values and take remote control over the sustain level which you can see by turning to grey.
- Of courese it only changes something when you play a note.
- Do you have selected the right view in the operator, I mean the right oscillator?
- I doesn’t matter which device you drop first as it observes the devices of the certain track.
If that doesn’t help you should decribe more what you’re doing. Getting any MAX Printout?