Forums > MIRA

[sharing spaghetti] – more friendly live.grid hack

July 15, 2013 | 1:52 pm

I started making a quick mira workaround for live.grid.

I thought I could make a start on a collaborative attempt to make a workable thing.

Unfortunately I made a bunch of mistakes on the way, starting with thinking that Bpatchers were supported and then went on to make a practically uneditable and completely non dynamic device!

On the plus side it does work – here at least.

It is tied to a 16 x 8 grid but does support directions. Features like matrix mode/random aren’t implemented.

I’m going to upload it anyway – hopefully someone will have made a better one by the time I’ve had a long sleep!


July 17, 2013 | 2:46 pm

A bit more friendly an attempt now and it would be great if someone could help!

This should create a mira compatible live.grid interface on the ipad.

You can change the number of rows/columns in the max patch.

It’s my first attempt at dynamic scripting using js. Sure it can be improved.
Having trouble creating the mira.frame size dynamically – I think the fact that the aspect ration is fixed makes things tricky.

But cross fingers it should work.

Attachments:
  1. miragrid.zip

July 17, 2013 | 3:04 pm

Thanks for doing this ! Spaghetti patch.


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)