Forums > Jitter

[sharing is sharing] slitscan

March 5, 2008 | 8:00 pm


March 5, 2008 | 8:20 pm

ahhh, beautiful.
and so simple yet so mind boggling…


March 5, 2008 | 10:02 pm

Hey, actually, I screwed that patch up.

The dimensions in the first texture should be 1 x 480, not 720 x 480.

Also, try playing with the values in rota, changing them from 1 or 0
to 0.5. Pretty nice effects that way.

b

On Mar 5, 2008, at 12:20 PM, Robert Ramirez wrote:

>
> ahhh, beautiful.
> and so simple yet so mind boggling…

barry threw
Media Art and Technology

San Francisco, CA
Work: 857-544-3967
Email: bthrew (at) gmail (dot) com
Web: http://www.barrythrew.com


March 5, 2008 | 10:15 pm

real fun patch, on windows you only get green slit, removing uyvy color
space fixed that for this lowly windows youser

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 12:02 AM, barry threw wrote:

> Hey, actually, I screwed that patch up.
>
> The dimensions in the first texture should be 1 x 480, not 720 x 480.
>
> Also, try playing with the values in rota, changing them from 1 or 0
> to 0.5. Pretty nice effects that way.
>
> b
>
> On Mar 5, 2008, at 12:20 PM, Robert Ramirez wrote:
>
> >
> > ahhh, beautiful.
> > and so simple yet so mind boggling…
>
> barry threw
> Media Art and Technology
>
> San Francisco, CA
> Work: 857-544-3967
> Email: bthrew (at) gmail (dot) com
> Web: http://www.barrythrew.com
>
>


March 5, 2008 | 10:51 pm


March 6, 2008 | 12:47 am

or use the uyvy2rgba shader for cross platform-y uyvy texture upload
speedy goodyness – y -y stuff…

On Mar 5, 2008, at 5:15 PM, yair reshef wrote:

> real fun patch, on windows you only get green slit, removing uyvy
> color space fixed that for this lowly windows youser
>
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 12:02 AM, barry threw wrote:
> Hey, actually, I screwed that patch up.
>
> The dimensions in the first texture should be 1 x 480, not 720 x 480.
>
> Also, try playing with the values in rota, changing them from 1 or 0
> to 0.5. Pretty nice effects that way.
>
> b
>
> On Mar 5, 2008, at 12:20 PM, Robert Ramirez wrote:
>
> >
> > ahhh, beautiful.
> > and so simple yet so mind boggling…
>
> barry threw
> Media Art and Technology
>
> San Francisco, CA
> Work: 857-544-3967
> Email: bthrew (at) gmail (dot) com
> Web: http://www.barrythrew.com
>
>


March 6, 2008 | 8:19 pm

very strange, nothing appears for me ?


March 6, 2008 | 11:57 pm

faster maybe?

#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P newex 70 194 90 9109513 jit.gl.texture Render;
#P flonum 289 104 35 9 0 0 0 139 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P newex 245 144 92 9109513 pak param offset 0.;
#P newex 59 119 195 9109513 jit.gl.slab Render @file cc.uyvy2rgba.lite.jxs;
#P number 477 24 35 9 0 0 0 139 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P message 178 70 33 9109513 vol 0;
#P message 147 70 30 9109513 read;
#B color 6;
#P newex 59 95 219 9109513 jit.qt.movie 720 480 @colormode uyvy @unique 1;
#P newex 59 171 170 9109513 jit.gl.slab Render @file td.still_slide.jxs;
#P newex 59 223 334 9109513 jit.gl.videoplane Render @interp 1 @scale 1.333 1. 1. @colormode uyvy;
#P newex 26 64 86 9109513 r 1_draw_movie;
#P window linecount 2;
#P message 439 96 101 9109513 ; 1_draw_movie bang;
#P user jit.fpsgui 410 160 60 9109513 0;
#P window linecount 1;
#N vpatcher 20 74 210 238;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 2;
#P message 81 109 87 9109513 ; jitter cursor $1;
#P window linecount 1;
#P newex 81 89 31 9109513 == 0;
#P outlet 9 107 15 0;
#P window linecount 0;
#P message 9 89 70 9109513 fullscreen $1;
#P toggle 9 65 15 0;
#P newex 9 46 38 9109513 sel 27;
#P newex 9 26 40 9109513 key;
#P connect 0 0 1 0;
#P connect 1 0 2 0;
#P connect 2 0 3 0;
#P connect 3 0 4 0;
#P connect 5 0 6 0;
#P pop;
#P newobj 410 193 63 9109513 p fullscreen;
#P newex 410 65 68 9109513 t b b erase;
#P window linecount 2;
#P newex 410 212 276 9109513 jit.window Render @floating 1 @depthbuffer 0 @fsmenubar 0 @fsaa 0 @sync 1 @idlemouse 1 @size 720 480;
#P newex 410 127 319 9109513 jit.gl.render Render @blend_enable 1 @depth_enable 0 @erase_color 0. 0. 0. 1. @scale 1.333 1 1 @ortho 2 @camera 0 0 2;
#P toggle 410 26 15 0;
#P objectname qmetro;
#P window linecount 1;
#P newex 410 45 45 9109513 qmetro 5;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 18.;
#P comment 12 32 100 9109522 SlitScan;
#P connect 9 0 12 0;
#P connect 9 0 11 0;
#P connect 12 0 16 0;
#P fasten 14 0 12 0 183 90 64 90;
#P fasten 13 0 12 0 152 90 64 90;
#P connect 15 0 1 1;
#P connect 1 0 5 0;
#P connect 2 0 1 0;
#P connect 17 0 11 0;
#P connect 16 0 11 0;
#P connect 11 0 10 0;
#P connect 11 0 19 0;
#P fasten 19 0 11 1 75 215 241 215 241 163 224 163;
#P connect 18 0 17 2;
#P fasten 5 2 3 0 473 90 415 90;
#P connect 5 0 3 0;
#P connect 3 0 7 0;
#P connect 6 0 4 0;
#P connect 5 1 8 0;
#P window clipboard copycount 20;

and the shader


March 7, 2008 | 1:55 am

Yes, but I can’t get it to behave like an actual slitscan for me.

b

On Mar 6, 2008, at 3:57 PM, Tyler Nitsch wrote:

> faster maybe?
>
>
> #P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
> #P window linecount 1;
> #P newex 70 194 90 9109513 jit.gl.texture Render;
> #P flonum 289 104 35 9 0 0 0 139 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
> #P newex 245 144 92 9109513 pak param offset 0.;
> #P newex 59 119 195 9109513 jit.gl.slab Render @file
> cc.uyvy2rgba.lite.jxs;
> #P number 477 24 35 9 0 0 0 139 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
> #P message 178 70 33 9109513 vol 0;
> #P message 147 70 30 9109513 read;
> #B color 6;
> #P newex 59 95 219 9109513 jit.qt.movie 720 480 @colormode uyvy
> @unique 1;
> #P newex 59 171 170 9109513 jit.gl.slab Render @file
> td.still_slide.jxs;
> #P newex 59 223 334 9109513 jit.gl.videoplane Render @interp 1
> @scale 1.333 1. 1. @colormode uyvy;
> #P newex 26 64 86 9109513 r 1_draw_movie;
> #P window linecount 2;
> #P message 439 96 101 9109513 ; 1_draw_movie bang;
> #P user jit.fpsgui 410 160 60 9109513 0;
> #P window linecount 1;
> #N vpatcher 20 74 210 238;
> #P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
> #P window linecount 2;
> #P message 81 109 87 9109513 ; jitter cursor $1;
> #P window linecount 1;
> #P newex 81 89 31 9109513 == 0;
> #P outlet 9 107 15 0;
> #P window linecount 0;
> #P message 9 89 70 9109513 fullscreen $1;
> #P toggle 9 65 15 0;
> #P newex 9 46 38 9109513 sel 27;
> #P newex 9 26 40 9109513 key;
> #P connect 0 0 1 0;
> #P connect 1 0 2 0;
> #P connect 2 0 3 0;
> #P connect 3 0 4 0;
> #P connect 5 0 6 0;
> #P pop;
> #P newobj 410 193 63 9109513 p fullscreen;
> #P newex 410 65 68 9109513 t b b erase;
> #P window linecount 2;
> #P newex 410 212 276 9109513 jit.window Render @floating 1
> @depthbuffer 0 @fsmenubar 0 @fsaa 0 @sync 1 @idlemouse 1 @size 720
> 480;
> #P newex 410 127 319 9109513 jit.gl.render Render @blend_enable 1
> @depth_enable 0 @erase_color 0. 0. 0. 1. @scale 1.333 1 1 @ortho 2
> @camera 0 0 2;
> #P toggle 410 26 15 0;
> #P objectname qmetro;
> #P window linecount 1;
> #P newex 410 45 45 9109513 qmetro 5;
> #P window setfont "Sans Serif" 18.;
> #P comment 12 32 100 9109522 SlitScan;
> #P connect 9 0 12 0;
> #P connect 9 0 11 0;
> #P connect 12 0 16 0;
> #P fasten 14 0 12 0 183 90 64 90;
> #P fasten 13 0 12 0 152 90 64 90;
> #P connect 15 0 1 1;
> #P connect 1 0 5 0;
> #P connect 2 0 1 0;
> #P connect 17 0 11 0;
> #P connect 16 0 11 0;
> #P connect 11 0 10 0;
> #P connect 11 0 19 0;
> #P fasten 19 0 11 1 75 215 241 215 241 163 224 163;
> #P connect 18 0 17 2;
> #P fasten 5 2 3 0 473 90 415 90;
> #P connect 5 0 3 0;
> #P connect 3 0 7 0;
> #P connect 6 0 4 0;
> #P connect 5 1 8 0;
> #P window clipboard copycount 20;
>
> and the shader

barry threw
Media Art and Technology

San Francisco, CA
Work: 857-544-3967
Email: bthrew (at) gmail (dot) com
Web: http://www.barrythrew.com


March 7, 2008 | 9:10 pm

Hey Barry,

The patch I posted recreates the exact effect you posted on my windows machine upon loading. Perhaps I’m missing something or your patch isn’t working properly on my machine. My impression was a slitscan samples a scanline of a picture shifts it to the left and then samples the same scanline and keeps shifting. Can you clarify this for me? I really liked your patch and it gave me a bunch of cool ideas for shaders.


March 8, 2008 | 12:59 am

when i run this on my machine the resulting looks as follows… does anyone else get similar results?

mark henrickson

macbook pro core 2 duo 2.33
2 GB RAM
ATI RadeonX1600
256MB VRAM
10.5.2
MaxMsp 4.6.3
Jitter 1.6.3


March 8, 2008 | 9:25 am


March 8, 2008 | 2:19 pm


March 8, 2008 | 6:08 pm


March 8, 2008 | 6:21 pm


March 8, 2008 | 6:37 pm


March 8, 2008 | 6:55 pm


March 8, 2008 | 7:03 pm


March 8, 2008 | 7:21 pm


January 25, 2009 | 1:04 am

I’ve been having fun with the tex_plane_t/s and figured out a super simple way of doing slitscan. It may not be the most versatile implementation, since it relies on jit.gl.render to have an erase_color 0 0 0 0 and fsaa 0 on your jit.window. But it’s damn simple, that’s for sure!!

Peter.

#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 12.;
#P window linecount 3;
#P comment 249 237 231 196620 This needs to have erase_color set to 0 0 0 0 and fsaa 0 (at least on my macbook with ATI x1600 card);
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P comment 330 33 100 196617 opactiy and on/off;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 18.;
#P comment 334 144 278 196626 pnyboer@lividinstruments.com;
#P comment 335 115 255 196626 Yet Another Slit Scan effect;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P newex 124 109 48 196617 loadbang;
#P flonum 308 68 67 9 0. 1. 3 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P comment 375 69 100 196617 change slit location;
#P flonum 302 51 67 9 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P comment 369 52 100 196617 change width of slit;
#P newex 124 161 107 196617 jit.qt.movie @adapt 1;
#P message 124 138 83 196617 read dishes.mov;
#P message 43 323 70 196617 size 640 480;
#P toggle 146 304 15 0;
#P message 146 323 44 196617 fsaa $1;
#P toggle 145 263 15 0;
#P flonum 49 186 55 9 0. 1. 3 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P message 46 209 112 196617 erase_color 0 0. 0. $1;
#P message 43 303 70 196617 size 320 240;
#P message 145 282 70 196617 fullscreen $1;
#P newex 65 154 41 196617 s draw;
#P newex 25 264 115 196617 jit.window Out @fsaa 0;
#P newex 124 185 275 196617 jit.gl.texture Out @name moviemix @wrap mirroredrepeat;
#P newex 25 89 43 196617 jit.qball;
#P toggle 25 45 15 0;
#P newex 25 66 55 196617 metro 20;
#P newex 25 120 55 196617 t b erase b;
#P newex 25 242 184 196617 jit.gl.render Out @erase_color 0 0 0 0;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 14.;
#N vpatcher 524 190 1113 821;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P comment 399 139 71 196617 thanks wes :);
#P comment 330 239 100 196617 a cheap sort of position generator;
#P number 320 185 35 9 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P newex 235 149 41 196617 r draw;
#P window linecount 0;
#P newex 230 174 29 196617 gate;
#P newex 224 237 101 196617 scale 0 1000. -1. 1.;
#N counter 1000;
#X flags 0 0;
#P newobj 231 207 71 196617 counter 1000;
#P inlet 413 40 15 0;
#P inlet 217 40 15 0;
#P newex 338 84 31 196617 !/ 1.;
#P message 221 261 78 196617 position $1 0 0;
#P message 230 111 66 196617 scale $1 1 0;
#N vpatcher 95 381 564 795;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 3;
#P message 120 373 64 196617 tex_plane_s 0.0015 -0. 0. 0.3;
#P window linecount 1;
#P newex 122 351 62 196617 prepend set;
#P window linecount 3;
#P message 225 334 50 196617 tex_plane_t 0. 0.5 0. 0.5;
#P window linecount 1;
#P newex 227 312 62 196617 prepend set;
#P newex 32 125 27 196617 f;
#P newex 98 79 60 196617 unpack 0. 0.;
#P newex 32 47 123 196617 route theta zoom anchor;
#P newex 353 98 27 196617 t b l;
#P newex 190 219 27 196617 * 1.;
#P newex 370 178 41 196617 * -1.;
#P newex 227 219 27 196617 * 1.;
#P newex 32 219 27 196617 * 1.;
#P newex 370 123 60 196617 unpack 0. 0.;
#P newex 353 76 79 196617 vexpr 1./$f1;
#P newex 69 219 41 196617 * -1.;
#P newex 32 149 100 196617 expr 0.5*cos($f1);
#P newex 209 149 97 196617 expr 0.5*sin($f1);
#P newex 193 259 147 196617 pak tex_plane_t 0. 0.5 0. 0.5;
#P newex 32 267 149 196617 pak tex_plane_s 0.5 0. 0. 0.5;
#P inlet 32 25 15 0;
#P outlet 32 297 15 0;
#P connect 1 0 14 0;
#P connect 14 0 16 0;
#P connect 13 0 16 0;
#P connect 16 0 5 0;
#P connect 5 0 9 0;
#P fasten 3 0 0 0 198 291 37 291;
#P connect 2 0 0 0;
#P fasten 8 0 9 1 375 171 54 171;
#P connect 9 0 2 1;
#P fasten 4 0 6 0 214 182 74 182;
#P connect 14 2 15 0;
#P fasten 11 0 6 1 375 208 91 208;
#P connect 6 0 2 2;
#P connect 19 0 20 0;
#P connect 2 0 19 0;
#P fasten 15 0 2 4 103 117 173 117;
#P fasten 4 0 12 0 214 182 195 182;
#P fasten 8 1 12 1 425 213 212 213;
#P connect 16 0 4 0;
#P connect 17 0 18 0;
#P fasten 5 0 10 0 37 193 232 193;
#P connect 12 0 3 1;
#P connect 3 0 17 0;
#P fasten 8 1 10 1 425 213 249 213;
#P connect 10 0 3 2;
#P fasten 15 1 3 4 153 111 334 111;
#P fasten 14 1 7 0 70 71 358 71;
#P connect 7 0 13 0;
#P connect 13 1 8 0;
#P connect 8 0 11 0;
#P pop;
#P newobj 302 137 94 196617 p TexCoordMagic;
#P newex 390 107 100 196617 pak anchor 0.5 0.5;
#P newex 311 107 70 196617 pak zoom 1. 1.;
#P window linecount 4;
#P newex 62 304 345 196617 jit.gl.gridshape Out @shape plane @lighting_enable 0 @depth_enable 0 @blend_enable 1 @transform_reset 2 @texture moviemix @enable 0 @color 1 1 1 1 @tex_map 1 @tex_plane_s 0.0015 0. 0. 0.3 @tex_plane_t 0. 0.5 0. 0.5 @dim 45 45 @smooth_shading 1 @scale 0.003 1 0 @layer 1;
#B color 5;
#P window linecount 1;
#P newex 155 98 54 196617 change -1;
#P newex 155 78 31 196617 != 0.;
#P message 155 124 53 196617 enable $1;
#P newex 35 123 90 196617 pak color 1 1 1 1.;
#P inlet 155 40 15 0;
#P window linecount 0;
#P comment 357 186 100 196617 speed , in # of events;
#P connect 2 0 6 0;
#P connect 3 0 6 0;
#P connect 9 0 6 0;
#P connect 10 0 6 0;
#P connect 11 0 6 0;
#P fasten 1 0 2 4 160 72 120 72;
#P connect 1 0 4 0;
#P connect 4 0 5 0;
#P connect 5 0 3 0;
#P connect 16 0 11 0;
#P connect 15 0 16 0;
#P connect 13 0 10 0;
#P connect 5 0 17 0;
#P connect 17 0 15 0;
#P connect 18 0 17 1;
#P connect 19 0 16 2;
#P connect 19 0 15 4;
#P connect 7 0 9 0;
#P connect 8 0 9 0;
#P connect 13 0 12 0;
#P connect 12 0 7 1;
#P connect 14 0 8 1;
#P pop;
#P newobj 266 102 44 196622 p slit;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P flonum 296 31 35 9 0. 1. 3 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P connect 23 0 1 2;
#P connect 21 0 1 1;
#P connect 0 0 1 0;
#P connect 16 0 15 0;
#P connect 14 0 10 0;
#P connect 19 0 7 0;
#P connect 18 0 19 0;
#P connect 3 2 9 0;
#P connect 3 2 19 0;
#P connect 24 0 18 0;
#P connect 13 0 12 0;
#P connect 15 0 8 0;
#P connect 10 0 8 0;
#P connect 11 0 8 0;
#P connect 17 0 8 0;
#P fasten 3 1 2 0 52 156 30 156;
#P connect 3 0 2 0;
#P connect 12 0 2 0;
#P connect 6 0 3 0;
#P connect 4 0 6 0;
#P connect 5 0 4 0;
#P window clipboard copycount 29;


May 2, 2012 | 7:36 am

Hi all,
the patch above uses the shader td.still_slide.jxs

Does someone still have it, or where can I find it?

Thanks!
Frank


Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)