Forums > Jitter

[sharing + question] Send to Syphon and jit.window at different sizes / aspects

zlp
July 22, 2012 | 5:37 pm

Below is a MAX6 example patch for Syphon noobs like me. It demonstrates how to mix with videoplanes and send out the results as a Syphon stream at an arbitrary frame size, while also rendering to a jit.window at a different size or aspect ratio. (I need this because I’d like to send a stable Syphon stream even if I change my jit.window size and aspect ratio, sometimes adding pillarbox/letterbox to the jit.window without messing up my Syphon output. The key is jit.gl.node)

The patch works great but there is an issue: (MAX 6.0.5, Syphon beta 2 r2, OS 10.6.8)
If I toggle fullscreen on my jit.window, the Syphon stream is momentarily interrupted. Vade responded on the Syphon forum (http://v002.info/forums/topic/2-jitter-syphon-server-issues-upside-down-fullscreen-glitch/) that Jitter destroys and rebuilds the render context so there’s nothing they can do. Does anybody know some Jitter voodoo that might preserve the context while going fullscreen? Thanks.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

July 22, 2012 | 7:46 pm

you can use the @rect message to resize your jit.window without rebuilding the context.

zlp
July 24, 2012 | 4:00 pm

Of course! Thanks so much. Here’s a version that allows fullscreen switching without killing the Syphon stream. (There is a pause of a few frames during switching, but Syphon Recorder keeps rolling without complaint.)

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)