Forums > Jitter

[sharingfun] surround video glNavigator

November 14, 2007 | 4:09 pm

Hey everyone,

I’ve modified my glNavigator a little for this version. You now have four viewports into the same gl space (so you can see in all directions as you fly around. The readme file has instructions on how to move around (same as other glNavigator versions). You can also press ‘z’ to zoom in on all viewports.

I haven’t figured out how to get the lighting to work correctly yet while using multiple gl viewports. Look at the spheres to see what I mean. Is there a gl command that I’m missing? Also, I’m using jit.gl.multiple to create the spheres and I’ve noticed that there’s always an immoveable sphere at 0,0,0. Is there a way to get rid of it?

Hope you enjoy!

Zachary

November 14, 2007 | 4:18 pm

forgot to mention, the viewports are as follows from left to right:

front view, right side view, back view, left side view

Flying "forward/backward" means forward/backward in reference to the front viewport. Obviously forward in the front viewport is backward in the back viewport, etc. It’s easiest to look at the front viewport to get you bearings.

Zachary

November 14, 2007 | 7:36 pm

This izz fun! Are you aware that the scene is also being drawn behind the
four viewpoints? Figured getting rid of that might get a speed gain, but I
couldn’t figure out how to do it in the short amount of time I had to
fiddle.

Thanks Zachary,
Christopher

On 11/14/07 8:18 AM, "Zachary Seldess" wrote:

>
> forgot to mention, the viewports are as follows from left to right:
>
> front view, right side view, back view, left side view
>
> Flying "forward/backward" means forward/backward in reference to the front
> viewport. Obviously forward in the front viewport is backward in the back
> viewport, etc. It’s easiest to look at the front viewport to get you bearings.
>
> Zachary
> –
> http://www.zacharyseldess.com
>

November 15, 2007 | 2:33 am

No, I didn’t notice that. How can you tell? Can anyone offer some advice on this and the other questions I asked above?

Zachary

November 15, 2007 | 8:53 am

November 15, 2007 | 3:08 pm

I forgot to set jit.window to @depthbuffer 1, and the gridshape scaling was still set to work with gl.videoplane so I changed that too. Here it is.

Again, regarding the gl.mutiple, does anyone know how to get rid of or move the immovable gridshape object at 0,0,0? Same thing happens if you use gl.videoplane instead of gl.gridshape – you get an extra videoplane without a texture sitting at 0,0,0.

Zachary

November 15, 2007 | 4:41 pm

> Again, regarding the gl.mutiple, does anyone know how to get rid of or move the immovable gridshape object at 0,0,0?

Are you referring to the object jit.gl.multiple is attached to?
Setting it to @automatic 0 should do the trick.
wes

November 15, 2007 | 4:52 pm

Hi Wes,

Yes, that’s what I’m talking about. I’m referring to the jit.gl.gridshape @name fred and its associated gl.multiple in the "p inWorldObjects" subpatch. It’s already set to automatic 0 though, so that can’t be it. Any other ideas?

Zachary

November 15, 2007 | 4:57 pm

not right now. That should really do it. I’ll take a look in a bit.
wes

On 11/15/07, Zachary Seldess wrote:
>
> Hi Wes,
>
> Yes, that’s what I’m talking about. I’m referring to the jit.gl.gridshape @name fred and its associated gl.multiple in the "p inWorldObjects" subpatch. It’s already set to automatic 0 though, so that can’t be it. Any other ideas?
>
> Zachary
> –
> http://www.zacharyseldess.com
>
>

November 15, 2007 | 5:24 pm

You’re sending a bang to it every frame through [r vid]. A bang to a
jit.gl. object causes it to draw.

wes

On 11/15/07, Wesley Smith wrote:
> not right now. That should really do it. I’ll take a look in a bit.
> wes
>
> On 11/15/07, Zachary Seldess wrote:
> >
> > Hi Wes,
> >
> > Yes, that’s what I’m talking about. I’m referring to the jit.gl.gridshape @name fred and its associated gl.multiple in the "p inWorldObjects" subpatch. It’s already set to automatic 0 though, so that can’t be it. Any other ideas?
> >
> > Zachary
> > –
> > http://www.zacharyseldess.com
> >
> >
>

November 15, 2007 | 9:27 pm

Ah, I figured it out. You were right about the banging Wes, thanks. Additionally though, the problem was that I was drawing it to the gl.sketch (drawobject fred 0). doh. thanks.

Zachary

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)