Forums > MaxMSP

Short-forms disapeared from auto-completion menu

May 27, 2009 | 6:44 pm

Hello,

Since I updated Max to 5.0.7, short-forms seems to have disapeared from my auto-completion menu.
By short forms, I mean : s for send, r for receive…

For example if I strike n for a new object, and then type "t b b" as usual, I end up with tab b b. Quite anoying.

I looked in the preferences, nothings seems to fix this.

For now I just disabled auto-completion via the preference panel, but that feature was good, I’d like it back!

Thank you for your time.

May 27, 2009 | 10:54 pm

The file max uses for the shortened names for objects is "max-objectmappings.txt" in the "init" folder. There’s a seperate one for audio objects. It should contain lines like these:

max objectfile s send;
max objectfile r receive;
max objectfile t trigger;

You can customise it if you wish. Remember that this file will be overwritten with each upgrade/install so if you make customisations save them in a seperate file.

lh

May 28, 2009 | 8:05 am

The problem is not there. The short forms are still working.

The problem is just they don’t appear in the auto-completion menu. If i create a box with "t b b" written inside, it will be a trigger. But when I type the t letter in a new object box, auto-completion menu proposes me tab as the first object beginning with the letter t. So when I type "t" + "space" I end up with a "tab" instead of a t. I have to backspace every time I want to use a short form.

Has it always been like this and it’s only me going slightly crazy?

Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

(Thanks for the information, I did not know how to customize short forms!)

May 28, 2009 | 10:21 am

Try rebuilding the database using the "; max db.reset" message.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

May 28, 2009 | 5:38 pm

Worked like a charm! Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)