Forums > MaxMSP

shortcut for open original "bpatcher"

October 5, 2009 | 7:56 pm

Could someone tell if it’s possible, and then maybe how, I can make a keyboard shortcut to Object -> Open original "foo", which is reachable from the contextual menu?

Thanks

October 5, 2009 | 9:53 pm

Maybe you don’t need to, you can use the Modify Read-Only feature from the File menu, MRO does have a keyboard shortcut.

October 6, 2009 | 7:39 am

Thanks ej, but I’m not sure I’m following you. I thought "Modify Read-Only" was a command I could use when I allready had a view of the patcher open.

What I want to do is: select a bpatcher, and press a keycommand which opens the original patcher in a new view, editable. I’m using a pen-tablet, and I can customize a lot off shortcuts for menu-commands, but I’m not sure how to reach the contextual-menu commands.

October 6, 2009 | 9:19 pm

Sorry I miss the bpatcher part… It’s not possible to do that, the contextual menu are hard coded.

October 7, 2009 | 12:22 pm

if you can do keyboard macros (with the pentablet or some other app?) you could try this as a workaround:

right click
"o"
arrow right
enter

MIB
October 7, 2009 | 4:36 pm
Emmanuel Jourdan wrote on Mon, 05 October 2009 14:53
Maybe you don’t need to, you can use the Modify Read-Only feature from the File menu, MRO does have a keyboard shortcut.

I didn’t know about MRO. That’s going to be a big help and streamline a few things. Can’t believe I missed it all this time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)