silly question about key commands

Apr 6, 2013 at 9:45am

silly question about key commands

Hello,

This may sound a little silly to some people,but….max/msp suddenly doesn’t “obey” on the key commands like ctrl+S, shift+ctrl+S,ctrl+O etc. This happened suddenly and can’t find the reason why. The weird thing is that some other commands like ctrl+N or ctrl+E still work.

I know this is not a big deal but it has made my life much harder now, as every time I have to save (which I do it a lot in order to avoid losing data in a possible crash) I use mouse etc

Thanks in advance

Apr 6, 2013 at 11:32am

Make sure you haven’t deleted (or edited, or moved) Cycling ’74/init/max-keycommands.txt.

That’s where the keyboard shortcuts are defined. You can, of course, customize this file for your own needs and preferences, but you make changes at your own risk.

Apr 6, 2013 at 11:48am

thanks for the response…

I opened the file you are talking about and it has only these

max definecommand n patcher insertobj newobj;
max definecommand m patcher insertobj message;
max definecommand r patcher insertrecent;
max definecommand p patcher insertobjectpalette;
max definecommand b patcher insertobj button;
max definecommand t patcher insertobj toggle;
max definecommand i patcher insertobj number;
max definecommand f patcher insertobj flonum;
max definecommand c patcher insertobj comment;
max definecommand j patcher inserttextobj jit.;
max definecommand P patcher inserttextobj “newobj @presentation 1 @text “;

However it doesn’t say anywhere ctrl+N for new patch or ctrl+E for unlock…

Any thoughts?

Apr 6, 2013 at 12:26pm

I may add that I have installed recently jamoma but never use it as I had an older version of max/msp that the one required..I don’t remember if this is has anything to do with,but I think that the problems occured during the same time I installed the jamoma.However I am not sure about it…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.