Forums > MaxMSP

simple buffer question

December 1, 2009 | 10:46 am

is it possible to call the same audio file into two differently named buffers and have them function normally as two separate buffers, or do i need to make a copy of the file?? i’m looking to pull multiple samples out of a single audio file and be able to trigger them all seperately whenever i want, maybe this is possible through a single buffer but i keep running into problems, any advice or help appreciated as i am still fairly new to the max environment

December 1, 2009 | 11:42 am

i would use multiple buffers and play them with groove~, and set loop start and end points individually for each of them

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

December 1, 2009 | 12:00 pm

yeah thats where i’m at, i just use alot of cuts so its quite tedious just starting out having to deal with so many buffers, but my problem is that i can’t trigger one of those set loops as a single shot play, if i use the loop 0 or $1 it plays all the way to the end of the audio sample and i want it to cut off in the middle, right now i am setting up means of sending a stop signal and sequencing that in with the start signals…..which brings me to my next question, i want to use a matrixctrl grid to send signals to the different samples to play them, i’ve seen somebody use it like this but i can’t figure it out, i want it to scroll through the grid according to a set bpm so that the different rows would be the different samples and the columns would be increments of time, and then i could draw in the cells to turn on and off the samples, any help there??

also, i don’t know if that massive chunk of text that people post is code i can use or something, but i have no idea how to use that so if somebody would be so kind as to let me know what to do it would be greatly appreciated

December 1, 2009 | 12:33 pm

just copy the code, including the begin_ and end_max5_patcher lines, and paste it into a blank max patch!

December 1, 2009 | 12:49 pm

ahhh what a simple concept, i would of never thought to do that though, thanks…… any help with the matrixctrl question or anything else anyone feels is important??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)