Simple Interface Question: subpatch and presentation mode

Sep 29, 2009 at 8:42pm

Simple Interface Question: subpatch and presentation mode

I have my main patch in which I’m building an intuitive user friendly presentation mode.

In this patch, I want to use several subpatches to make things clean.

There are some GUI objects that are in my main patch that appears on my presentation view. I would like to move some of these into subpatches to make my main patch cleaner.

My question:

Is there a way to move an object into a subpatch but keep it in the presentation view of my main patch?

Thank you.

Sep 29, 2009 at 8:46pm

Unless you use the bpatcher object, no. But that’s what the bpatcher object was made for….

Sep 30, 2009 at 12:39am

Oh nice, thanks

The inspector of bpatcher allows me select another max patch. Is it possible to load a subpatch?

Also, the track in the bpatcher appears in edit mode, is there a way to have presentation mode?

Thanks

Sep 30, 2009 at 1:03am

Check “Open in Presentation” from the bpatcher’s Patcher inspector (in the view menu).

Sep 30, 2009 at 1:17am

Wooo

Yeah that’s what I was looking for.

Thanks

Sep 30, 2009 at 1:51am

I got another question which is not really related but I don’t want to make another thread.

So I’m currently using a preset object as some kind of clock (each presets are automatically loaded in an order)

This clock system is inside a subpatch and I want to control elements that are in other subpatch with the preset.

I tried using inlets and outlets but it doesn’t work.

Is it possible to use a preset inside a subpatch to control some GUI objects that are in another subpatch?

Thanks

Sep 30, 2009 at 1:59am

One word: pattr. Time for a little quality help file perusal. Or, if you’re one of those weird people who reads, refpages and tutorials. Smile

If you’re jonesing for the ability to have a graphic UI, you can set an attribute that associates a preset object with a given pattrstorage object.

You’ll like it. Being able to recall things in subpatches is just the beginning.

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:52pm

how does it work if I want to put a filtergraph that is in a subpatcher into presentation mode? if i click add to presentation mode it is not there..

any ideas?

cheers,
j

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.