simple jitter operations – problem with performance – to week graphic card?

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:18am

simple jitter operations – problem with performance – to week graphic card?

hi!
i don’t know if my gpu is too weak for this purpose or maybe i am doing something wrong with jitter. i v got geforce 8400gs, and when i go fullscreen, i get olnly about 10 fps.
thanks for helping me!

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Dec 14, 2011 at 2:44am

This is a really funny patch :) love the bounce. I see the slowdown. It looks like a scheduler issue. I’m looking into it.

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:06am

@napentro
Looks like the problem is specific to the jitter setting glreadback=rtt. I’ve changed your patch slightly and added a loadbang to set glreadback=fbo, which doesn’t have the slowdown problem on my machine. Can you try this on your and let me know if it helps?

thanks!

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:47am

i noticed that my problem is my graphics card. even after your changes, on the fps was too low. i checked on another computer, and it works great!!! I’m happy that you like this patch:) is part of a my school project with kinect. i am going, to glue the circles to the sceleton, then lines on the background will be rotating according to the angle between parts of the body, and finnaly i am going cut shape with alphamask and make something like videomapping on real dancer. she will be performing japan “butoh dance”.
i have already made some stuff for midi control messages and triggering midi notes from skeleton data, because it will be also generating music. I hope that new graphic card will fix all my problems with performance because otherwise i think i get banned with 32097540943218532 posts :) anyway, could you help me with putting jit.gl.multiple to jit.gl.node?

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:59am

I don’t see a jit.gl.node in this patch to see what problems there might be. I do know that there was a bug in 6.0.1 that is fixed for 6.0.2 where jit.gl.node and jit.gl.multiple didn’t work well together. If you’re trying to capture the multiple to texture, you can use the old school technique of @capture until 6.0.2 comes out.

Dec 16, 2011 at 12:06pm

i think i will wait for 6.0.2 :))
thanks!!

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:07pm

i did another attempt. i dont know the “old school” method, so i decided to render multiple circles between erase and bang, but node isnt showing anything.. when i turn automatic to 0, node is drawing only the last circle. this time i am using data from kinect, so i add txt file for coll.

Attachments:
  1. rap.txt
Dec 16, 2011 at 2:08pm

thank you for your help :)

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:24pm

These patches are great. Can’t help you, I’ll just encourage you to keep them coming, in hopes that I’ll learn something.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.