Simple question: from integer to bang?

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:08pm

Simple question: from integer to bang?

So this is simple, I need an object where I input an integer number, lets say 3, and the object then outputs 3 bangs! It should be simple to make so I hope someone can answer me what object should I use.
Thanks

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:09pm

As an example I want an object that does the backwards process of the counter, thats all.

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:10pm

You want Uzi.

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:10pm

look at the select object ie [sel 3]
whoops didn’t read your post properly; see next post:-]

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:11pm

look at the uzi object ie [uzi 3]

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:09am

Thanks for the help! Im trying to use this to make a program that automatically changes the value of an specified sample from a buffer. The idea is this. I specify the number of samples I want to change, ie “3″ in this case, then the program will start counting from 1 to 3, and in each count will add lets say a value of 0.00354 to the sample, then saves the buffer. Im using peek~ to write the sample values into each sample, but im not sure if it is working. Maybe Im confusing you, since I dont speak english often. The problems are:
-Isn’t uzi too fast for this kind of program?
-Is peek~ the right program to change a buffer’s value?

I have just started using max, so my knowledge of what im doing is low, please any recomendations/corrections are appreciated.

I believe that’s all. Thanks.

I would love to send you a simplified version of the program but I don’t know how to pass it into text as I have seen here people often do.

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:44am

This should answer the “how to post” question: http://cycling74.com/forums/topic/welcome-to-the-cycling-74-forums-take-a-moment-to-read-these-instructions/

As far as the buffer issue goes, uzi would probably work, but if you’re playing audio, and want to change a lot of samples, it might take up to large a chunk of scheduler time.

I would probably use poke~ to stuff the values into buffer,

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:49pm

Thank you alot, poke~ doesn’t work for my project since im not working with signals at all. Im using peek for that reason, to be able to extract values from a buffer without playing any audio. Here’s a simplified version of my problem, since I can’t post the original for personal reasons.

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:54pm

I’m not sure if the patch I just sent works or not, I made for you to have an easier visual explanation of my concept

Jun 19, 2013 at 2:02pm

Unless I’m not understanding your requirements, your scheme works. Here’s your example with the sample writing made more obvious:

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.