simple question noteon/offs?

Sep 29, 2008 at 11:57pm

simple question noteon/offs?

Hi,

Think this will be a pretty simple one but cant seem to figure it out.

Have built a monophonic fm synth using Max/MSP 4.6. My MIDI input is coming from a Midiin to a Midiparse into a stripnote object to filter the note offs.

This works fine until I press a new key on the keyboard before I release the previous one and the note on and off signals get confused. When I release the first key it sees the note off as a message for the new note as well as the old one.

What I am trying to do is simultaniously send a note on message when a key is played, and also a note off to any other keys that might be pressed at that time.

Any help would be great, cheers.

Sep 30, 2008 at 1:49am

> My MIDI input is coming from a Midiin to a Midiparse into a stripnote object to filter the note offs.
>
> This works fine until I press a new key on the keyboard before I release the previous one and the note on and off signals get confused. When I release the first key it sees the note off as a message for the new note as well as the old one.
>
> What I am trying to do is simultaniously send a note on message when a key is played, and also a note off to any other keys that might be pressed at that time.

The “poly” object will do that, with arguments of 1 (i.e. one note polyphony) and anything (to implement voice stealing), i.e. [poly 1 1]

Not sure why you’re using midiin, midiparse and stripnote…? I’d just use a notein. But I’m just a beginner – maybe there’s a good reason that I’m not aware of.

HTH, Bill

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.