slider and mouse

Sep 15, 2006 at 2:12pm

slider and mouse

I realized i’ve never used mouse for live peformance but external
controllers only. Unfortunately, i’ll have to do without for the next
days, so i wonder : is there a slider, or a trick, to avoid value gaps ?
Using multislider or gain~, if you click at the opposite of the current
state, or anywhere, it’ll update here, causing huge drops… Using a
ramp won’t help : Is there a way to only ‘catch’ the head of a slider ?

best

f.e


f.e chanfrault | aka | personal computer music
> >>>>>> http://www.personal-computer-music.com
> >>>>>> |sublime music for a desperate people|

#27645
Sep 15, 2006 at 2:25pm

>I realized i’ve never used mouse for live peformance but external
>controllers only. Unfortunately, i’ll have to do without for the
>next days, so i wonder : is there a slider, or a trick, to avoid
>value gaps ? Using multislider or gain~, if you click at the
>opposite of the current state, or anywhere, it’ll update here,
>causing huge drops… Using a ramp won’t help : Is there a way to
>only ‘catch’ the head of a slider ?
>

use slider – not uslider, not hslider not multislider but just the
old slider……

taht is the simpliest in this case….

best
kasper

Kasper T. Toeplitz
noise, composition, bass, computer

http://www.sleazeArt.com

#83796
Sep 15, 2006 at 2:30pm

Thanks, Kasp. I’ve just tried what you said, but if you click [slider]
anywhere *then drag*, it’ll follow. You’re not forced to drag, of
course, so it’s a little bit safer than the other ways… I’m trying to
manage something with picture based slider (unselecting option ‘Knob
Jumps To Click Location’) but it’s not as handy as multisliders.

cheers

f.e

f.e chanfrault | aka | personal computer music
> >>>>>> http://www.personal-computer-music.com
> >>>>>> |sublime music for a desperate people|

Kasper T Toeplitz wrote:
>> I realized i’ve never used mouse for live peformance but external
>> controllers only. Unfortunately, i’ll have to do without for the next
>> days, so i wonder : is there a slider, or a trick, to avoid value
>> gaps ? Using multislider or gain~, if you click at the opposite of
>> the current state, or anywhere, it’ll update here, causing huge
>> drops… Using a ramp won’t help : Is there a way to only ‘catch’ the
>> head of a slider ?
>>
>
>
> use slider – not uslider, not hslider not multislider but just the old
> slider……
>
> taht is the simpliest in this case….
>
> best
> kasper

#83797
Sep 15, 2006 at 2:57pm

>Thanks, Kasp. I’ve just tried what you said, but if you click
>[slider] anywhere *then drag*, it’ll follow.

of course i know – and for sure you can build something with LCD etc
etc – but the object is here and handy – beside, well the purpose of
a slider is somewhat into the possibility to drag it….
somehow…;-)

___

then with pictctrl you could use the following (I hope ascii are teh
same on mac & pc)

#P window setfont “Sans Serif” 9.;
#P number 452 146 35 9 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P window linecount 1;
#P newex 453 120 40 196617 keyup;
#P toggle 396 200 15 0;
#P newex 391 167 38 196617 sel 97;
#P number 388 140 35 9 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P newex 389 114 40 196617 key;
#P newex 310 169 60 196617 loadmess 0;
#P toggle 94 119 15 0;
#P message 94 151 85 196617 trackvertical $1;
#P number 96 241 35 9 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P user pictctrl 94 177 50 50 AS_knob2.pict 1550 0 1 2 2 0 126 0 50
50 255 0 1 64 2 0 1 270;
#P window linecount 3;
#P comment 347 73 100 196617 press key “a” when you want to use the slider;
#P connect 9 0 4 0;
#P connect 5 0 9 0;
#P connect 11 0 8 0;
#P connect 10 0 11 0;
#P connect 8 0 9 0;
#P connect 7 0 8 0;
#P connect 6 0 7 0;
#P connect 4 0 3 0;
#P connect 3 0 1 0;
#P connect 1 0 2 0;
#P window clipboard copycount 12;

#83798

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.