Forums > MaxMSP

Small Cheap Amplifiers

June 1, 2008 | 3:04 am

As the title says, I’m looking for the smallest and cheapest amps I can get, I need at least 8 channels for an installation that uses and array of mostly 4" speakers. The amps don’t have to be hi-fi but should have enough power to be fairly loud. Any suggestions would be great, Thanks,
Kevin

June 1, 2008 | 3:57 am

Quote: Kevin Shea Adams wrote on Sat, 31 May 2008 20:04
—————————————————-
> As the title says, I’m looking for the smallest and cheapest amps I can get, I need at least 8 channels for an installation that uses and array of mostly 4" speakers. The amps don’t have to be hi-fi but should have enough power to be fairly loud. Any suggestions would be great, Thanks,
> Kevin
—————————————————-

If quality isn’t a big issue you could go for a used 8 channel PA system. That might be the cheapest way to get 8 channels.

June 1, 2008 | 8:53 am

Class T multichannel (8 x 100W max, 8x50W RMS) power amplifier board with Audiophile quality sound.
Finally the solution for hi-end multichannel sound!
The MC 8 x100 is a small power amplifier board that bring the audio quality of Class T amplifiers into the multichannel world. Based on TAA4100A chips from Tripath and custom output air core inductors, it allows the creation of really good sounding Home Theatre – Multichannel systems.

http://www.audiodigit.com/?section=90
260.00EUR

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)