So.. the woobly bass ang logarithms..

Feb 3, 2011 at 2:00am

So.. the woobly bass ang logarithms..

Hi!

So i’m trying to make this wobble bass patch. From reading on an earlier post

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=25185

you need the following “bits and pieces” for making your wobble bass.. Got all of them covered, and I think I know how it basicly works.

A sound source (harmonically rich would be nice – try layering lots of of saw and pulse waves together).

A filter (lores~, svf~)

An LFO

My question is:
When your hear dubstep tracks, it seems the filtersweep/cutoff freq changes as the note changes – and if that is the fact, then I would need some sort of logarithm to calculate the freq-band, of which sweep occours, dependant of which note/frequency being played – right? I don’t relly know how to create such calculation, so if anyone has any ideas of places I could learn / read about (in a simplified version) such log, it would be much apprieciated :)

Lasse

Feb 3, 2011 at 3:12am

hey Lasse this is very interesting, sorry I can’t really help you,.I’ve been controlling the LFO’s/freq of a reason dubstepsynth with max, but I basically need to have a automated wobble sound track already running in reason in order to change it in max. I haven’t been able to recreate a legit dubstep wobble using only max msp, and if you could send bass notes + control the lfo freq etc and make it sound decent only using max , ill be impressed.

good luck

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:50am

see attachment for a max based wobbly kinda sound, it’s done with a synth made by Mattijs with interfering cycle~s

and some distortion off course :-)

Attachments:
  1. blablabsynth.mp3

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.