Forums > Jitter

software install problem

November 1, 2007 | 12:41 am

hi folks,

The problem is that Max/msp functions as normal. Jitter objects appear normally (not as bogus objects), but don’t function in any way.

I’ve installed Max/msp 4.6.3 and Jitter 1.6.3 onto an Emac G4 1Ghz machine with 640mb ram, running 10.3.9., with Quicktime 7.1 is installed. No Open GL, mind you.

My first thought is to try an older version of jitter and max/msp. However, I’m using a university computer which requires a booked service call from an IT tech for installations. If you have any other suggestions, please send them.

best,
BRuce

November 1, 2007 | 8:01 pm

Hi Bruce,

Does instantiating the objects cause any messages to be printed in the
Max window? Are there inlets/outlets? If you are getting a "could not
allocate object" it probably means that the current version of Jitter is
not authorized.

If this is the case, and assuming that the university owns a Jitter 1.5+
license for this computer, you will need your system administrator to
contact challenge at cycling74 dot com with the appropriate license
information.

All the best,
-Ben

Bruce mowson wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> The problem is that Max/msp functions as normal. Jitter objects appear normally (not as bogus objects), but don’t function in any way.
>
> I’ve installed Max/msp 4.6.3 and Jitter 1.6.3 onto an Emac G4 1Ghz machine with 640mb ram, running 10.3.9., with Quicktime 7.1 is installed. No Open GL, mind you.
>
> My first thought is to try an older version of jitter and max/msp. However, I’m using a university computer which requires a booked service call from an IT tech for installations. If you have any other suggestions, please send them.
>
> best,
> BRuce
>
>
>
>

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)