Forums > Jitter

sound trouble when changing loop ponts with jit.qt

March 24, 2009 | 3:17 pm

hell O

i recorded a file with jit.dx grab, and when i play it back and change the loop point s it makes glitchy sounds every time i hit a loop point.

i believe it is because i play an avi recorded with dx.grab and played back with kit.qt???

would the problem be corrected if i make the patch with jit.qt.grab on a mac. i tried thi solution with a pc and winvdig but the problem was still there.

there must be a way even on windows to get the sound playback stay smooth while changing the loop points of jit.qt!!!?

any help is welcome…thanx

lochoi

March 25, 2009 | 9:37 am
lochoi wrote on Tue, 24 March 2009 10:17
hell O

i recorded a file with jit.dx grab, and when i play it back and change the loop point s it makes glitchy sounds every time i hit a loop point.

i believe it is because i play an avi recorded with dx.grab and played back with kit.qt???

would the problem be corrected if i make the patch with jit.qt.grab on a mac. i tried thi solution with a pc and winvdig but the problem was still there.

there must be a way even on windows to get the sound playback stay smooth while changing the loop points of jit.qt!!!?

any help is welcome…thanx

lochoi

I’ve had much better luck playing back .mov than .avi, it’s far smoother, so maybe try that if it’s an option.

better still is to have the audio track separate and played back using a buffer~ and groove. jumping around and changing speed a lot tends to do screwy things to the audio if it’s in the .mov and is compressed using various formats (details pending). plus you have lots more audio control using a groove~.

March 25, 2009 | 2:02 pm

thanx for your reply,

but is use the sound input of the dv camera, and i don’t find how to split the audio recording from the video recording!!!?

cheers

*LL

March 25, 2009 | 3:30 pm
lochoi wrote on Wed, 25 March 2009 09:02
thanx for your reply,

but is use the sound input of the dv camera, and i don’t find how to split the audio recording from the video recording!!!?

cheers

*LL

Take out the sound channel using something like iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, or you can load it into Max and do an export from jit.qt.movie—with full export settings, you can choose to eliminate the audio, for one save, then eliminate the video and save only the audio track.

Another way is to use spigot~ to grab the audio track out, and set the volume in jit.qt.movie to 0. However, I’ve had so-so luck getting spigot~ to work on XP, maybe on OSX it’s better?

March 25, 2009 | 5:17 pm

howdy ho!!

well spigot has done thye trick for me….ahhhhh thanx for yer help

i use windows xp sp3 and max 5

best,

*LL

March 25, 2009 | 5:19 pm

OOOOPS let me correct SPIGOT has crashed my PC when i made the audio video loops reallly small!
i’ll try to find out why or don’t make the loop so small again!!?

March 25, 2009 | 7:54 pm
seejayjames wrote on Wed, 25 March 2009 03:37
better still is to have the audio track separate and played back using a buffer~ and groove. jumping around and changing speed a lot tends to do screwy things to the audio if it’s in the .mov and is compressed using various formats (details pending). plus you have lots more audio control using a groove~.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)