Forums > MaxMSP

Soundflower clarification…

February 4, 2012 | 5:07 am

Hi,
I’m looking for a way to get multiple streams from applications into Max (i.e. iTunes *and* the built-in mic). Can Soundflower do this? I haven’t seen a way to do it as of yet. The difference b/t the 2 vs. 16 channel options is from the Soundflower bus to the physical output, correct? Meaning that, unless I have interface with more than 2 channels, the 16-channel version of Soundflower has no use…?

Thanks,
Brian

February 4, 2012 | 4:19 pm

Yes can be done. No i think the difference between 2 and 16 is the number of vrtual busses. If that is correct, you would need the 16 ch. option for 2*stereo.
Cheers

February 8, 2012 | 5:44 am

Anyone know any detail on how to get it done? Do some apps work while others don’t? I can’t see how to access the different virtual busses in Max, beyond choosing the driver in DSP Status.

Thanks,
Brian

May 9, 2012 | 6:48 pm

I’d like to bump this… any solutions?

May 10, 2012 | 8:47 pm

Choose Soundflower as the default output in your system preferences, and as the input driver in Max. This will have your itunes coming in on channels 1 and 2. Select Soundflower as the output for any other sources you would like to route audio from, and they will show up on the appropriate channels in Max. You should be able to configure the channel resources as needed in the I/O settings. Using this in conjunction with the built-in mic could be tricky however, and would probably need to be routed through a second application (runtime?), as I don’t believe you can send the built-in mic directly to soundflower from the system preferences or audio setup, at least not on a mac.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)