I’m using SoundFlower on my Hackintosh to reroute sound.
I created an Aggregate Device using the Audio MIDI setup in Lion. If I test them outputs individually all the outputs work fine.
I then use SoundFlower to be the default output device and then in the SoundFlower drop down box from the toolbar I chose Soundflower (2ch) then Aggregate Device.
Sound is perfect now, iTunes is playing through all 5 speakers and the subwoofer and it sounds great!
However, after a few songs, I get a few random beeps and hisses until eventually the sound becomes unbearable or just goes quiet.
Any solutions? Would really help, it hurts even more once you’ve had a taste of something and then it just escapes you. Really frustrating when you’re so close.
Thank you for reading.
Hey, I have had so much trouble with SoundFlower trying to route audio from Max MSP into Abelton (instead of using rewire, because it does not allow you to use inputs). I had lots of pops, clicks and glitches occurring all over the place randomly too.
What I did to get around it, albeit ridiculous, is to send audio out from max through a certain output on my sound card and bring it back in physically into an input using a jack cable. This of course won’t be too helpful if you do not have audio channels to spare.
Hope this helps.
I had to go to Jack for the same reason… it seem that Soundflower is missbehaving with clocking and accumulates lag…
Jack works flawlessly. A little longer to configure, much more elegant to work with after
I posted about similar problems with crackles a few months back, to no end.
C’74 regard SoundFlower as free, unsupported, software. Unless someone comes along who is prepared to dive into the source and figure it out, then we’re all seemingly out of luck.
C74 RSS Feed | © Copyright Cycling '74