SoundFlower in standalone

May 9, 2010 at 11:26pm

SoundFlower in standalone

Just wondering if anyone’s had any luck getting SoundFlower to work in a standalone app? I have a patch that makes use of SoundFlower extensively but when I run as a standalone I’m not able to select the SoundFlower 2ch driver, nor is SoundFlower listed as an input option under the “CoreAudio Built-in” driver. I don’t see a SoundFlower driver to copy into the support/ad folder inside of the Package.

I’m on OSX 10.5.8, Max 5.1.4

May 10, 2010 at 12:00am

After looking at this a little more I think there's a problem with setting the audio driver in a standalone on OSX 10.5.8. I've attached a snapshot of what my DSP status window looks like in the standalone. Changing the menu selections appears to have no effect – the audio input is set to Built-in Microphone and this is consistent even if I select “none” for the audio driver.

I do have a single [standalone] object in my toplevel patcher, and the “Audio Support” box is checked in the Inspector.

[attachment=132094,533]

Attachments:
  1. DSP_Status.png
May 10, 2010 at 9:40am

In your patch create an abstraction called “DSP Status” (with the quotes). That way all the required objects for the window will be included.

May 10, 2010 at 6:00pm

Thanks – works perfectly.

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:05pm

I added the object “DSP Status” but when I build a standalone it keeps trying to use ad_rewire as my driver =/ What might I be doing wrong? Since you said abstraction not only did I create a “DSP Status” object, but I created an empty patcher and saved it as “”DSP Status”"…I know that’s dumb but I had to try. The quotes references it to Max itself, right? That opens up my DPS settings which are correct in my patch using Soundflower. In the standalone it’s persistent on using ad_rewire though =(

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.