Soundflower to record from Logic into Ableton?

Sep 28, 2011 at 11:09pm

Soundflower to record from Logic into Ableton?

Hello,

I read online that it is possible to record audio from Logic Pro into Ableton Live using Soundflower. I tried everything but I can’t get it to work. I opened Ableton first so it would not be the ReWire slave to Logic, then I set the audio output of Logic to Soundflower and the audio input of Ableton to Soundflower. At first I heard no sound, then I turned the built-in output feature on in the Soundflowerbed. This allowed me to hear the audio coming out of logic, but Ableton still wasn’t receiving anything.

I can see the channels in Logic are registering an audio signal, but for some reason Ableton isn’t receiving the signal. I tried both the 2ch and 16ch versions to no avail.

This isn’t a matter where I can just bounce the stems and transfer them over, I need to record the live streaming sounds, so any help you can provide would be appreciated. Also, if there is another way of accomplishing this task without soundflower, please let me know as well.

Thanks!

Sep 29, 2011 at 12:41am

have you tried recording in Live with another input? Maybe the problem lies in Live? (did you activate the record button on the track in Live?

here your described setup works like a charm, both in 2chan and 16chan Soundflower (but I didn’t test it with bed)

K9

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.