spatial map for jit.repos from a picture?

Jan 11, 2011 at 12:57pm

spatial map for jit.repos from a picture?

Hi all,
I’d like to create a spatial map from a picture to use as a repositioning map for another picture:
I’m trying to use this method to move the values of the cells of a BW picture to the the cells of a second picture.
For example if I have a circle in the left side of the matrix in the first picture and a circle in the right side of the matrix in the second picture then I’d like to be able to have the values of the cells move from one spot to the other.

I think jit.repos should be the way to do it, using the second matrix as a map for the first.

Do you think this is a sane path to follow?

If it’s the right path then I should convert the second matrix to a 2 plane one, what is the best way of doing this?

Thanks a lot for the moment

nicco

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:57pm

ok, quite stupid of me:
I guess I can convert a picture to 2 planes by passing it into a 2 plane matrix..
Duh..

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:01pm

You could also check out jit.gl.imageunit in combination with the effect ‘Displacement Distortion’.

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:33pm

Thanks for the reply, Brecht.

Did you use this effect for a similar task?

thanks again

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:42pm

I used it to create a displacement of a source image by the input from a camera. A ghostlike ripple, very subtle, but nothing like what you’re trying to do I think.

Jan 12, 2011 at 1:29pm

Thanks a lot,
tried to use Displacement Distortion process included in the jit.gl.imageunit but cannot get to go fully to the second image, I guess this is not it’s intended purpose, looks like it’s more suited to the kind of use you were having.

I tried jit.repos but somehow I have trouble moving the cells from one place to the other..

Guess i have to think harder..

Thanks a lot though

nicco

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.