Speaker Management and Crossovers

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:35pm

Speaker Management and Crossovers

Hi there everyone. I have to admit im relatively new to max. I have just started studying it on my university course and well it seems at an excellent time with the dawn of max for live. Being a live user myself i hope this will push me muc further into the max domain. Anyway onto the point….

I am currently working on a design for a computer based speaker management system that i would like to build within max msp. The first stage of my question is to do with filters. Due to phase problems i believe it is butterworth or link witz riley type filters i would need to use and are their any other designs to consider and where may i find examples of these types of patches.

My second question is to do with an idea for room correctiong. Is it possible, using FFT, to make a frequency analysis of a swept sine wave then comparing this to the FFT analysis of a sinewave played throgh a set of speakers in a room (fed back into the system through a mic) and compare the frequency response of the 2 analysis’. Would it then also be possible to use these 2 analysis results to trigger an equaliser to correct the differences?

If anyone could put me onto some good articles, tutorials, or any information that may be helpful i would be extremely grateful.

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:18am

Quote: The Mitchell wrote on Sun, 18 January 2009 09:35
—————————————————-
> Due to phase problems i believe it is butterworth or link witz riley type filters i would need to use and are their any other designs to consider and where may i find examples of these types of patches.
—————————————————-
I have a set of lp/hp high order Butterworth abstractions for cascade~. If you are interested let me know, but that will be Max 4.

—————————————————-
> My second question is to do with an idea for room correctiong. Is it possible, using FFT, to make a frequency analysis of a swept sine wave
—————————————————-
You may join the “Deconvolution question” thread where this is discussed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.