Forums > MaxMSP

spectroscope~ doesnt work

November 18, 2009 | 5:26 pm

upon looking up spectroscope~’s helpfile i noticed it doesnt display any information.

Max 5.1.0b9(41021)
OSX 10.6.2

regards

martin

November 18, 2009 | 8:44 pm

Make sure your vector size is larger than 1.

November 19, 2009 | 1:29 pm

I assume you mean the vector size inside the DSP window. both values were (and are) way above 1.

November 19, 2009 | 5:27 pm

spectroscope~ is definitely broken under certain circumstances in beta 9. i have a new patch where loading it once works fine, but no other spectroscope~ will work again until you quit max (or live, depending on which you are using). even closing the patch and reopening it (or simply clicking live’s ‘edit’ button so it loads in max) means the spectroscope~ object that worked is now dead until the app is quit.

it is happening with perfect regularity for me so i will narrow down the circumstances that lead to this issue and post a real bug report today. if other people are noticing issues, please dig in as well.

on my end, vector size is not the cause.

–dave linnenbank

November 20, 2009 | 3:19 pm

here is what i figured out….

http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=42169&start=0&rid=4291&S=8d08b1ab8e061d372dfae034cee8103f

posted it in the max for live section as it has more immediate implications in that environment (and that is where i have been working lately). the issue, however, is a max problem. perhaps someone can at least verify if they see the same behavior. thanks.

–dave linnenbank

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)