Forums > Jitter

spigot creates xml files (?)

March 5, 2008 | 11:48 am

i am working on a project which uses jit.qt.movie and spigot to play mp3 files. i have noticed that whenever i load an mp3 it creates an xml file where the mp3 is. i presume this is some sort of debug feature as i am running the updated jitter API (163). is there any way to stop spigot from creating xml files?

thanks, j

March 5, 2008 | 12:15 pm

This isn’t a debug feature: the XML file is used to maintain a link between the original and your extracted audio file. Removing it will force audio extraction to happen again. Don’t mess with it: think of it as an analysis file (a la Live) and rejoice in your spigot~ed existence.

jb

March 5, 2008 | 3:24 pm

Quote: Jeremy Bernstein wrote on Wed, 05 March 2008 12:15
—————————————————-
> This isn’t a debug feature: the XML file is used to maintain a link between the original and your extracted audio file. Removing it will force audio extraction to happen again. Don’t mess with it: think of it as an analysis file (a la Live) and rejoice in your spigot~ed existence.
>
> jb
—————————————————-

ok, that makes sense… it’s just i hadnt noticed this behaviour before.

the problem i have is that these xml files are appearing in my list of files (ubumenu). i know i can filter the results by putting in the filetype filter, but i cant seem to find the right one for mp3…

i have tried with dropfile, but it doesnt output any filetype for mp3′s???

thanks,

j

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)