Forums > Jitter

Splitting in GL land?

September 16, 2011 | 3:29 pm

Hi there,

I’m looking for a simple way to split an image (say 2048×768) into two images (1024×768) to be rotated independently.
The image is already in GL land and I’d like to stay there, also the subsequent rotation is achieved via a slab.
I’ve searched the forum and found a similar question, the answer was to render the image to texture, then split via jit.scissors and go back to GL; while I’m ok with that I was wondering if it is possible to split while remaining in GL land.

Any input will be of great help

thanks a lot

niccolo

September 16, 2011 | 6:12 pm

i would just send the texture to two slabs with the td.rota.jxs shader.
that should work.

September 17, 2011 | 2:20 pm

Hi,
I’ve been trying to to something similar, where I draw a scene into a gl.sketch, capture it to texture and than do some slabs, finally it would need to end up on several keystoned videoplanes.

There is something that I don’t seem to understand, if I take the videoplane that I use for my testing with a JPG picture loaded in and draw this (using drawobject VPtest) on the sketch and just enable that I see the whole texture.
when I capture the sketch using @dest_dim 2048 1536 only a part of the texture is displayed. And no matter how I set my rota slab parts aren’t getting captured.

Could anyone explain what I’m doing wrong, I simply can’t seem to get this right? I’ve attached a gridlike picture, so you could see it clearly

Best

Pieter

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

[attachment=171013,2635]

Attachments:
  1. TextUre2.jpg

September 18, 2011 | 11:15 pm

This is how I would do it:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Hope that helps :)

DiGiTaLFX

September 19, 2011 | 6:12 pm

Thanks all, I’ve been out of town so I didn’t have the chance to check back here.
I’ll give a shot to your kind suggestions.

Thanks a lot again

nicco

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)