Forums > MaxMSP

s/r breeding in poly~

March 10, 2008 | 1:26 pm

Perhaps I’ve just never noticed this before, but I can’t help thinking
it’s causing some problem for me right now. If you have s/r pairs in
a poly~ with #0 or #1 args, twice as many appear in the popup menu as
actually exist:

Take patch 1 below (lotsa_sends):

max v2;
#N vpatcher 290 301 890 701;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P newex 266 212 50 196617 r $1_test;
#P newex 269 109 50 196617 s $1_test;
#P newex 101 208 50 196617 r $0_test;
#P newex 104 105 50 196617 s $0_test;
#P pop;

Open it up in here:

max v2;
#N vpatcher 549 358 1149 758;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 2;
#P newex 102 150 102 196617 poly~ lotsa_sends 1 args bar;
#P pop;

and double-click on any of the s/r objects, and it claims that twice
as many sends and receives exist as actually do. Is this purely
cosmetic, or is something weird going on?

M


March 10, 2008 | 2:27 pm

> If you have s/r pairs in
> a poly~ with #0 or #1 args, twice as many appear in the popup menu as
> actually exist

More accurately is two extra. With a polyphony of 2 the #1 locations dont add up to 8 but 6. By releasing the mouse over one of them, you are taken to it’s location. There you see that it all doesn’t work so proper. My guess is that this was never well implemented within the context of poly~ because it might have proven too difficult within the existing context. I might be wrong.

> Perhaps I’ve just never noticed this before, but I can’t help thinking
> it’s causing some problem for me right now.

Do you get any weird stuff?

_
johan


March 10, 2008 | 5:37 pm

I’m in #1-arg hell right now, so just trying to get things under
control, but I don’t think so. I agree — I expect it was never 100%
on, but I can’t tie anything directly to it.

M

On Mar 10, 2008, at 15:27, jvkr wrote:

>
>> If you have s/r pairs in
>> a poly~ with #0 or #1 args, twice as many appear in the popup menu as
>> actually exist
>
> More accurately is two extra. With a polyphony of 2 the #1 locations
> dont add up to 8 but 6. By releasing the mouse over one of them, you
> are taken to it’s location. There you see that it all doesn’t work
> so proper. My guess is that this was never well implemented within
> the context of poly~ because it might have proven too difficult
> within the existing context. I might be wrong.
>
>
>> Perhaps I’ve just never noticed this before, but I can’t help
>> thinking
>> it’s causing some problem for me right now.
>
> Do you get any weird stuff?
>
> _
> johan


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)