stack overflow from string bend

May 30, 2010 at 12:32am

stack overflow from string bend

I’m having trouble with a recent revision I’ve made to a patch. The patch is to pitch modulate an audio file saved in a buffer, using pitch scaled from a MIDI note, as well as pitch bend information. What I’m getting is a stack overflow. This may be from the string bend, but I’m not sure (if I knew I’d fix it…). Any help with this, anyone see where I’m slaughtering this patch?
Thanks in advance
Robert

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
May 30, 2010 at 1:17am

I can’t see anything in that subpatcher that could be causing a stack overflow. Are you sure the error is in this part of your patch?

May 30, 2010 at 2:56am

HI, thanks for looking at this.
The “stack overflow” error pops this patch open, and lists the “route” in the pfft~ gizmo_loadme 4096 4 module as the source.
Note that I have six of these patches “SingerPatchGroove” in my program–one for each string of a MIDI guitar.
-Robert

May 30, 2010 at 6:28pm

Is a closed feedback loop the most likely cause of a stack overflow? In debugging, should I primarily look for a closed loop I’ve accidentally created? What else is a likely cause? I understand that while the problem may be showing up here, the cause may be elsewhere. Thanks.

May 30, 2010 at 9:37pm

OK, fixed it. It was in the sixth string module, identical to the patch I gave here, except for one slight mis-connection…that created a loop. Thanks for your help, David.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.