Forums > MaxMSP

Standalone App can't find videos

March 26, 2012 | 10:02 pm

Hi there

I’m trying to make a Standalone App in Max5 that plays back two videos simultaneously.

I’ve included the .mov files into the collective editor, but the resulting Standalone isn’t able to locate ‘em.

???

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

I have a feeling it’s my file search path… but I’m unsure of how to set it up for a Standalone.

P.S. I’ve added the "jitter-externals" and "jitter-shaders" into the Standalone’s "Support" folder. Still no dice.

March 27, 2012 | 3:01 pm

I usually just manually add files like .pdf’s into the support folder (within the application bundle on the Mac) after Max builds the standalone. I would imagine that that support folder would be a good place to also put .mov files.

Take a look at my "How to make a slick Max standalone" presentation, available here: http://cycling74.com/toolbox/making-a-slick-max-standalone-presentation-from-expo-74-workshop/

On page 23, it shows you how I find the path to a .pdf file that I include in the support folder. You could do something similar for your .mov files…

Hope that helps!

March 27, 2012 | 6:45 pm

Hey, that’s super, Dan! thanks!

I changed the file search path as you do on page 23, and just dropped my .movs in manually to a "vids" folder I created within the "support" folder!

Works good!

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

March 27, 2012 | 7:19 pm

great, glad to hear it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)