Standalone build – version number question

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:29am

Standalone build – version number question

Hi all,

Little question regarding standalone builds. I am building an application from Max 6 out of an ongoing project, and I was wondering if there was anyway to specify a version number for my standalone builds? I understand that the app is a combination of the mxf file (collective) and runtime, so I assume this is why the version number for the app reflects the current Max version (e.g. for my current app the version = 6.0.3).

It would be useful if this could somehow be changed, as the only workaround for differentiating various iterations of the app I can see is to add the version no. following the name of the app eg. “My awesome app v.1.0″, “My awesome app v.1.01″ etc…

Funny question I know, but if anyone knows how to do this in Max 6, or even if there’s an OS X workaround that would be of great help,

Thanks,

Ben

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:49am

Under OSX, you need to edit the Info.plist file in the .app package (this can be done with a text editor, but is easier with the “Property List Editor”, installed with the developer tools.

The interesting fields are Get Info string, CFBundleLongVersionString, Bundle versions string, short, Bundle version.

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:51pm

That’s fantastic – many thanks Patrick, just the solution I was looking for!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.