standalone building: spurious error messages
I can’t seem to reproduce any of these issues. Can you try to strip out everything out of your patch except the offending objects and send it along to support at cycling74 dot com?
I had the same problem here :
many "no such file in collective" errors and a standalone running as expected.
For me it was due to "Max 4 Preferences" used in the Preference File Name of the object Standalone.
Using "Max 5 Preferences" solved the problem
I found that not having the option "Search for Missing Files" in the [standalone] inspector checked will cause this behavior. That makes me a bit concerned, though, since that is how you are supposed to check to see if your app is truly a standalone, especially since there seem to be a few files I can’t find.
It also says it can’t find sqlite and sqlite_result. However, when I add the sqlite.mxo to the support/extensions in the application, it seems to be happy with that part, at least.
I can find all the missing .svg files and manually add them, but it sure would be nice to be able to have that happen during the build.
A bit of follow-up…
I’ve tried adding the various pattr .mxo objects to the max-externals folder inside the support folder of the built app, but I still get "pattr_obex: no such file in collective."
"requirements.txt" seems to be related to Tap.Tools. I use a couple of their objects (I have the Pro version which allows application builds). I tried actually creating a text file with that name and putting it in the support folder and got all kinds of warnings about my Tap.Tools registration.