Standalone: can't open resource… .jpg

Apr 24, 2006 at 6:36pm

Standalone: can't open resource… .jpg

I have run into a glitch.
I have read the documenation and searched the list. This is a recent problem, by which i mean, i (feel like) i am not doing anything different but now there is a problem.

I have made several standalones, and sometimes externals and files work fine including them into the collective in the build process, other times they seem not to be included, but this is fine, i simply open the package and drop them into the MacOS folder…and everything works out.

However, i am rebuilding a standalone (which has worked fine in the past, this time i’m simply changing the MAx splash using the “appsplash” command in Build). When i rebuild this time and i open the App, it says “can’t open resource cinema.jpg”– a simple picture that is to be opened by jit.qt.movie. The image is not problematic, it is the same image i have used before, and it works in the original Max patch. I have attempted to open the Package and manually include the jpg file. I reopen the app, and i get the same error. I have tried placing the jpg file in all the folders: resources, MacOS, support. Nothing seems to help open the file in the App.

I have tried including the “jitlib” in the build and that doesn’t make a difference. Regardless of whether jitlib is included or not, my App still plays quicktime movies, so i’m imagining that its not the qt.movie object this is problematic.

I also get a wierd error message: error: jit.gl.shader: unable to find CG framework.
I’m not using any jit.gl.shader object.

Why would this not work all of a sudden?
While writing this i have attempt to replicate my intial build which worked (not changing anything). I still get the same errors.

I have attempted to build with two different OS systems:

Powerbook 15″: 1.5ghz G4

maxmsp4.5.5/jitter1.5
on OSX 10.3.9
+
maxmsp4.5.5/jitter1.5
on OSX 10.4.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Charles

Apr 24, 2006 at 9:00pm

out of my head, wouldn’t the spash have to be a “.pict” file ?

May 6, 2006 at 4:29am

yes, i have made the splash image a .pict file. The splash is not the problem.

The problem is that the standalone can’t find a jpg needed to be loaded by a jit.qt.movie object.

(I only mention the splash image because this was something changed in the build)

thanks for the suggestion however.

Anyone else have any ideas?

May 6, 2006 at 5:49am

Charles,

> The problem is that the standalone can’t find a jpg needed to be
> loaded by a jit.qt.movie object.

Probably because you didn’t define (in your patcher) the filepath
requested by jit.qt.movie to load the jpg
from the standalone.
You could put the jpg inside the package as an attached resource.

HTH,
Philippe

May 6, 2006 at 10:15pm

I don’t know if you resolved it allready, but if not, I recently had some similar problem which was resolved with the following tips:
the cg framework is located in the max folder > cycling 74 > jitter-externals.
In order for the file to be found by the application, don’t add it in when building the standalone and add it in the MacOs folder. If you ad the file when building the standalone, this will not work.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.