Forums > MaxMSP

standalone crashes with the simpelest patch

March 13, 2009 | 3:39 pm

Hi There,

Today I wanted the make a standalone out of an old patch from 2001.
When I finished and started it it crashed when I started the dac~.

Since I use a lot of soundfiles which loads on startup I thought this was the problem. I removed the loadbang but no success.

I tried to make a simple patch by connecting a cycle~ (set to 400hz ) to a gainslider which was connected to the dac~. Same result.

I work on max4.63 on a macbookpro running 10.5.5

Any ideas?

The crash report said this:

Thread 6 Crashed:
0 com.cycling74.ad_coreaudio 0x1637443c coreaudio_twodevice_ioproc + 426
1 com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 0x94279fdf HP_IOProc::Call(AudioTimeStamp const&, AudioTimeStamp const&, AudioBufferList const*, AudioTimeStamp const&, AudioBufferList*) + 319
2 com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 0x94279cd0 IOA_Device::CallIOProcs(AudioTimeStamp const&, AudioTimeStamp const&, AudioTimeStamp const&) + 274
3 com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 0x94279bac HP_IOThread::PerformIO(AudioTimeStamp const&) + 1246
4 com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 0x94277f87 HP_IOThread::WorkLoop() + 1239
5 com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 0x94277aab HP_IOThread::ThreadEntry(HP_IOThread*) + 17
6 com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 0×94268300 CAPThread::Entry(CAPThread*) + 96
7 libSystem.B.dylib 0x91ad96f5 _pthread_start + 321
8 libSystem.B.dylib 0x91ad95b2 thread_start + 34


March 13, 2009 | 4:02 pm

Well, Somehow it works again.
I first deleted all related prefs from my harddrive but no luck there. Then, I just disconnected my external harddrives (firewire 800) and my soundcard (firewire 400) and closed all programs running in the background and it did the trick. It also works with my soundcard now.

I guess MAX works in mysterious ways. You just dont know.


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)