Forums > MaxMSP

standalone windows, how to suppress other windows

October 19, 2006 | 10:56 pm

How would I suppress the "Status" window and the main Max environment window when I am making a standalone .exe application in the Windows world? I know how to close subpatcher windows, and suppress the scroll bars with thispatcher messages, but I am unable to figure out how to get rid of those other windows.

October 21, 2006 | 4:46 pm

Max windows in standalones remind me of BMW’s head cotted by Murray Shaffer :
" you know we can do a totaly silent car, but we prefer people in the streets to say : Ah!…I can hear a BMW"

Cylcing74, could certainly create pro standalones with optional windows and a more discreet signature, less offesiv for sound developpers, but Cycling74 may prefer all users to know our applications has been made with Max/MSP.

I suppose that as Max/MSP is becoming a more professionnal tool for many multimedia uses, this question is about to rise more often and this could be discussed, don’t you think ?

At the moment, only good hackers can get rid of these window. Is that a regullar way of doing ?
If the option of hiding the max windows was accessible, I personally think that more professionnal sound developpers would use Max/MSP for creating applications.

Roland cahen

grg
October 21, 2006 | 6:12 pm

Am 21.10.2006 um 18:46 schrieb cahen:
> If the option of hiding the max windows was accessible, I personally
> think that more professionnal sound developpers would use Max/MSP for
> creating applications.

I guess professional sound developers just uncheck the box in the
standalone object inspector ;)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)