Forums > MaxMSP

Standaolone doesn't recognize a file?

January 28, 2008 | 2:58 am

I created a standalone but in the status window i get ollowing error message:
"error: unable to create JVM
(mxj) Unable to find max.jar! mxj is rendered powerless in its absence"

I included now this max.jar file in the script window but still I get the message
Also in the script window I get a message "copying external ubutton"

However, I don’t know where I use an xternal ubutton.
Anyone can help?


January 28, 2008 | 9:52 am

On 28 janv. 08, at 03:58, Samuel Van Ransbeeck wrote:

> I created a standalone but in the status window i get ollowing error
> message:
> "error: unable to create JVM
> (mxj) Unable to find max.jar! mxj is rendered powerless in its
> absence"
>
> I included now this max.jar file in the script window but still I
> get the message
> Also in the script window I get a message "copying external ubutton"
>
> However, I don’t know where I use an xternal ubutton.
> Anyone can help?

You need to manually include the java/lib/* java/classes/* and
max.java.config.txt files in your standalone support folder (Show
Package contents in the Finder, Contents>support). Note that, you just
need to copy the *.jar and *.classes that you use in your standalone.

ej


January 31, 2008 | 5:56 pm

I sue this script now and still I get this error message. What is wrong?

open thispatcher
folder SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/

include SYSTEM:/Applications/MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling ’74/java/classes/StockWatch.java
include SYSTEM:/Applications/MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling ’74/java/classes/StockWatch.class
include SYSTEM:/Applications/MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling ’74/java/classes/StringScroller.java
include SYSTEM:/Applications/MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling ’74/java/classes/StringScroller.class
include SYSTEM:/Applications/MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling ’74/java/classes/StringScroller$1.class
include SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/buttons/pictures/noteoutchannel1.jpg
include SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/buttons/pictures/noteoutchannel2.jpg
include SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/buttons/pictures/noteoutchannel3.jpg
include SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/buttons/pictures/noteoutchannel4.jpg
appsplash SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/splashscreen/splash.pict
appicon SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/splashscreen/icon.pict


January 31, 2008 | 10:12 pm

On 31 janv. 08, at 18:56, Samuel Van Ransbeeck wrote:

> I sue this script now and still I get this error message. What is
> wrong?
>
> open thispatcher
> folder SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/
>
> include SYSTEM:/Applications/MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling ’74/java/classes/
> StockWatch.java
> include SYSTEM:/Applications/MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling ’74/java/classes/
> StockWatch.class
> include SYSTEM:/Applications/MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling ’74/java/classes/
> StringScroller.java
> include SYSTEM:/Applications/MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling ’74/java/classes/
> StringScroller.class
> include SYSTEM:/Applications/MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling ’74/java/classes/
> StringScroller$1.class
> include SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/buttons/
> pictures/noteoutchannel1.jpg
> include SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/buttons/
> pictures/noteoutchannel2.jpg
> include SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/buttons/
> pictures/noteoutchannel3.jpg
> include SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/buttons/
> pictures/noteoutchannel4.jpg
> appsplash SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/
> splashscreen/splash.pict
> appicon SYSTEM:/Users/electro02/Desktop/stockwatchfinal/splashscreen/
> icon.pict

You need to manually included the file in the Package (by manually, I
mean in the Finder not in the Collective/Application window). The
[mxj] object can’t extract the file from the collective. So basically
the structure of your application will look like that

YourApp.app/Contents/
Frameworks
Some stuff here
Info.plist
MacOS
YourApp
PkgInfo
Resources
Some other stuff here
YourApp.mxf
support
classes
your java classes.class
maybe another.class

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
ej


January 31, 2008 | 10:29 pm

On 31 janv. 08, at 23:12, Emmanuel Jourdan wrote:

> You need to manually included the file in the Package (by manually,
> I mean in the Finder not in the Collective/Application window). The
> [mxj] object can’t extract the file from the collective. So
> basically the structure of your application will look like that

Sorry, the support folder might look like that.

./support
./support/ad/*
./support/jsextensions/*

// The part you’re interested into is there:
./support/java
./support/java/classes
./support/java/classes/yourFirstClass.class
./support/java/classes/anotherClass.class
./support/java/lib/max.jar
./support/java/lib/jitter.jar

Cheers
ej


Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)